Swisher To Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The Indians have agreed to sign Nick Swisher to a four-year, $56MM deal, according to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News (via Twitter). The MVP Sports Group client will also get a $14MM vesting option in year five that could boost the overall value to $70MM. The option for the 2017 season vests if he has a certain number of plate appearances in '16, and it'll be an easy number to reach if he's healthy, Feinsand tweets.

The veteran comes to Cleveland as the club's replacement in right field for Shin-Soo Choo. The Tribe sent Choo to the Reds earlier this winter in a three-team deal that netted them right-handed pitchers Trevor Bauer, Matt Albers, Bryan Shaw, and shortstop Drew Stubbs.
MLBTR

Even though he couldn't hit for shit in the playoffs, I'm going to miss Swisher. Loved his personality and he was a good guy to have in the clubhouse.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
5 years? The fuck

Oh well, not my checkbook.

Don't have to worry about his post-season struggles here.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
pretty decent sized contract for a "small market" team ha

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hoping they throw some of this new found money at Shaun Marcum. I guess I'd be alright with Kyle Lohse but I really don't want to see him making 12 million dollars when he's 38.

Oh, and trade for Soriano, with the Cubs picking up all but like 10 million of his remaining contract.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
geez the yankees are really letting guys go eh?
sure Youk got a lot

but they're the big market A's right now filling spots from within lol (yes i know the tax, it's just taking time to really accept what's going on)

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The young Steinbrenners are just cheap <Censored>gots, George wouldn't give a shit about the tax, he wanted to win at any cost

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dodgers dont care about the tax either

i like this deal though. i like their offense and this team might have a O's type lucky streak in them

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Have the Dodgers even hit the tax mark yet?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
their payroll including dead money like Andruw, Manny and Pierre and arb for a few guys is going to be around 264M

not including the posting fee for Ryu which was i think 28M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%