Steve Nash To Lakers In Sign-And-Trade

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
The Lakers have agreed to acquire Steve Nash from the Suns in a sign-and-trade.

Nash will receive a three-year, $25 million deal as he can be absorbed using the trade exception created by trading Lamar Odom to the Mavericks. The Suns will receive two future first round picks (2013, 2015) and two second rounders (2013, 2014) after eventually relenting to trade Nash within the Pacific Division.

The Knicks, Raptors and Mavericks also pursued Nash.

Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! reports that Nash was deciding between the Knicks and Raptors until the Lakers became a legitimate option two days ago.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222063/Steve_Nash_To_Lakers_In_Sign_And_Trade#ixzz1zi1R1V9F

FLIP!

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So much for Toronto getting him, but this puts him in a shot for a championship(s)

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Another Canadian boy bout to get his ring :D.

WhenIRap

valanciunas
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
They're gonna get Grant Hill too.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Sources told ESPN.com that Nash will try to convince longtime teammate Grant Hill, one of his closest friends in the game, to join him with the Lakers. ESPN The Magazine’s Ric Bucher reported over the weekend the Lakers were one of four teams (along with Toronto, New York and Phoenix) in the running for Hill after the 39-year-old’s recent trip to Germany to undergo the same platelet-enrichment treatment on his knee that [Kobe] Bryant credited for his rejuvenated knee last season.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Grant Hill would be a spot up shooter on the Lakers, and you can find a better and younger one than Hill.

Mr.Baller

Reaction score
Good luck in LA my boy :) Hope you get your well deserved ring !

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Grant Hill would be a spot up shooter on the Lakers, and you can find a better and younger one than Hill.
If they amnestied Metta, yeah. But I more envision him as bolstering arguably the worst bench in the league.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
For the last 8 seasons I've been blessed to play for a team and a city that has embraced me and that I have come to call home. This is a tough business and the only thing constant in life is change.

After talking with (owner) Robert (Sarver) and (president of basketball operations) Lon (Babby) we've agreed that it's time for both of us to move in new directions. I approached them and asked if they would be willing to do a sign and trade deal with L.A. because it is very important to me to stay near my children and family.

They were very apprehensive and didn't want to do it. Fortunately for me, they reconsidered. They saw that they were able to get assets for their team that will make them better, assets they would not have otherwise had and it made sense for them to do a deal that helps their team get better.

I couldn't be more grateful to the organization and Robert in particular. I know how hard this was for him and that fact that he was able to help me and my family in this way ... it means a lot and says a lot about his character. I will never forget this gesture. Above and beyond.

The Phoenix Suns are an amazing organization and fans should be excited about their future. I hope the Suns win a championship some day soon for all the amazing fans and wonderful people in the organization.
Nash's statement to Phoenix

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lakers still have an ass future and a weak ass bench. still arent a championship team but i hope they can attempt to get one for nashty. wish this happened four years ago though lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah me too

still a great starting 5. just need a bench
but it's a contender pugz.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you were a contender before. still not good enough to win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%