Stern determined to bring NBA back to Seattle

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
On the heels of yesterday's announcement that David Stern will be stepping down as NBA commissioner in February 2014, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports has penned a less than flattering retrospective on Stern's "three decades of totalitarian rule."

In addition to looking back on the tenure of the longtime commissioner, Wojnarowski's piece also includes a handful of interesting nuggets related to Sacramento and Seattle. According to the Yahoo! scribe, Stern is "determined" to return the NBA to Seattle in his last 15 months on the job. Wojnarowski also hears that pressure on the Maloofs from the league office to sell the Kings has been "growing."

The city of Seattle's quest to return an NBA franchise to the area has been well documented, with the Seattle City Council and King County Council approving the arena proposal put forth by Chris Hansen earlier this month. Stern said yesterday that he "wouldn't preclude" the possibility of expanding the league beyond 30 teams, but it's more likely that one of the league's current franchises would have to move to give Seattle a chance at a team.

Given their inability to date to secure a new arena, the Kings have long been considered the most logical candidate to relocate to another city. On a teleconference with reporters yesterday, Stern didn't commit too strongly to the team's future in Sacramento, simply encouraging the city to continue supporting the Kings and then hoping for the best.
hoopsrumors.com

About a week old of an article but I figured it was worth posting. It really looks like the Kings moving to Seattle could happen. Though it would suck to see Sacramento lose their team just because of arena issues.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be willing to bet the Kings move there.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Would they call themselves the supersonics, kings, or something completely different?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
superkings.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd imagine they'd be the SuperSonics again.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
burgerkings!
Smh lol. I would imagine they'd go back to the SuperSonics though Seattle Kings wouldn't be too bad though but Supersonics is Seattle's true name.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
it would be a travesty to be called anything other than the SuperSonics.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seattle Formally Known As SuperSonics

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Should just take the history from the OKC organization, put it back in Seattle. Have OKC's history start from when they got to OKC, and end Sacramento's.
If this is possible lol.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Should just take the history from the OKC organization, put it back in Seattle. Have OKC's history start from when they got to OKC, and end Sacramento's.
If this is possible lol.
Lol, if not....

Leaves Seattle with Durant, rookie Westbrook
Comes back with Tyreke Evans and Jimmer.

Sucks

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It is almost hard to picture Durant in a Sonics uniform.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seattle can't use SuperSoncs history. OKC owns it. Seattle didn't get a team quick enough.

Watch SonicsGate. It's going to happen again in Sacramento

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It is almost hard to picture Durant in a Sonics uniform.

obviously i'd like for them to go back to the Supersonics name if it happens, but I don't think they'd do it. with the history being fucked up and all. i'd only do it if the thunder came back to Seattle, but thats not gonna happen.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Which teams other than the Kings could move?

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kings leaving Sacramento will be just as bad as when the Sonics left Seattle, if not worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%