Marcum28

Reaction score
Welcome.

To Sportz Insomnia 3.0.

What's different you may ask?

Well, what isn't, is the better question

-----------------------------------------​

What's new.

Now past the extremely dramatic opening... here's what is indeed different guys.

Wordpress Website - We now officially have a website, designed and created by Marcum28, and will be kept active by the SI Magazine team. You can go there to see some of the latest news, and more importantly, articles written by forum members.
If you are interested in writing for the SI Magazine team, contact Blake.

IP.Board 3 - Officially the board has been upgraded to IP.Board 3. Here are some of the features:
It's often crucial that your community pages reflect your existing brand, so powerful customization features can help make your community a seamless part of your web presence.

CSS Driven
IP.Board 3 makes full use of CSS and tableless markup, so you can accomplish most style changes simply with some CSS tweaks - everything from a color change, to a whole new look.

Integrated Template Editor
Markup changes can be made right within IP.Board 3 itself with our innovative template editor. Integrated tabs enable you to work on several templates and CSS files at once!

Mobile Skin
If users access your community with a smartphone or other mobile device, they'll see a lo-fi version of your community that's slimmed down and designed especially for small screens.

Board Layout - A lot of the forums were unused and useless. As you can see the past few weeks, Marcum28 has been altering the layout slightly -- well now it is even better than before.

Site E-Mails - Now you can contact the administrators via e-mail. Moderators will soon be given their e-mails, and then we will open up purchasing e-mails to the public.

Here are the following e-mails so far:
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]

What's cooking.

Elite Membership - Always wanted premium access to the boards? A Sportz Insomnia email? How about tons of other features? Elite Memebership will now bring that to you. Information will be posted later tonight about what it entails, how much it costs, and why you should buy it.

Weekly Newsletter - Any of you who have been on a forum run by a man named VikesRule, you will remember that every week he would create a post remarking how the site is doing in terms of members, activity, and community. Marcum28 will be bringing this feature here in order to increase members returning.

New Cut Gallery - As effective as the cut gallery is right now, it is now outdated with the theme. Marcum28 will be updating it and integrating it into the website shortly.

Board Awards - Board Awards are underway, and it is the perfect timing! Just a quick note to remember to vote.. and please do not vote Marcum28 for the worst sim league team (his excuse is that he's been doing all this stuff).

More skins - All purchased skins, as well as SI Marcum (fan request) will be brought back, and more skins will be brought into the forum as well, including sport-specific skins. Stay tuned!

Round of applause.

I would like to thank jarrod2323, RipCity32, Big Bid'ness, and sheed for the work they have put into this site so far, and for giving me the chance to bring upon a revamped board. I hope to be an active part of the 'hidden' community, doing the behind-the-scenes work and such for much time to come.

As well, I would like to thank Baggino and playmaker7 for all their help last night with the Board layout -- all spelling and grammar errors have been abolished thanks to pm7 and Baggs took care of the Gaming section.

Finally, I would like to thank you, the members, for being (somewhat) patient for this to all take place. Initially, this new board will take some getting used to, but you'll see the benefits of it outweigh the negatives in a no-contest format.

Sportz Insomnia Administration

In C/O Marcum28

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So sexy Marcum, you deserve most of the applause.

Hope everyone enjoys :)

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Glad to see we got this done. Great Job Guys!

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Looks like the CDC forum (canucks.com). Looks good guys. Good job.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gonna take a lot to get used to it, but I'm sure it's a step in the right direction.

Marcum28

Reaction score
It's honestly taking me a lot of getting used to as well, and I don't particularly like the change in look, but change benefits all in the end.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we need to have all the images of the previous skins found/obtained to implement them.

So, akjeter should have the Steel & Green I believe. Gtown should have his skin (or it might be posted somewhere here).

Marcum28

Reaction score
we need to have all the images of the previous skins found/obtained to implement them.

So, akjeter should have the Steel & Green I believe. Gtown should have his skin (or it might be posted somewhere here).
If anyone can find them for me that'd be great.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of change, but it looks really nice. Thanks marcum u did a great job.

btw where's the image uploader?

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Love the new layout. Also do you want me to finish my skin. I forgot all about it? Also can I post sport stories and articles on the website?

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not sure why but I can't see any new posts in the CT

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i was just going to say that. this will take a lot of time to get used to.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of change, but it looks really nice. Thanks marcum u did a great job.

btw where's the image uploader?
I am pretty positive that the image uploader was only compatible with IPB versions of 2.x. Therefore, hopefully someone somewhere has made a new one. I will try and search around to see if anyone has one.

As for SI v3, great job staff and especially Marcum, it looks great!

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
worst case scenario is that the Gallery is available for image uploading for temporary

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah I just used the gallery thing for uploading something. So yeah everyone just use that till. Also no one answered my question should I finish my skin that I was making?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
usually when you make that big step to a newer version of something like IPB or vBulletin, the newer version may not yet be compatible with old mods that were created. Usually it takes some time as the people who made those mods will have to start from scratch to make them so they are formatted correctly with the new database. The thing is, 3.0 has been out there for close to 8 or 9 months, so things like image loader or even live-topic (something vBulletin has, not sure if IPB3 has it) should be out there, it'll probably just take some time to find it.

I'll take a look around in my meantime today as well to see if I can find something that would be of use.

Also, I've had the same problem in the General Discussion thread. After STLZach's post from yesterday afternoon I am unable to see people's recent posts. if I click on "Add Reply" I can view previous posts from people, but after I submit the post it won't show up on the thread unless I go to add reply again.

One thing that does appear after his post though is something about Favorite Quotes, and an option to not view certain posts -- i guess people can rate posts and if a post has negative posts you have the option to not view it...

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Jarrod, I found an image uploader basically identical to our old one that was made for IPB 3.0. Want to me to give it a go and install it?

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah I just used the gallery thing for uploading something. So yeah everyone just use that till. Also no one answered my question should I finish my skin that I was making?
Yeah you should finish it just to give us choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%