Spam Bots

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Instead of moving the threads created by spam bots to the Archives, please delete them and PM an admin with the bot's username so that we can ban it. I'm also taking the trash can forum feature off the archives, so that every deleted post isn't moved here (it's pointless).

Cejis33

Serve the Servants
Reaction score
we could password lock all forms with a password that is posted somewhere

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I for one have stopped deleting the threads.....how about some of the admins get of their <Censored> and instead of waiting for a PM just spend 2 minutes going through the threads looking for spam.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I for one have stopped deleting the threads.....how about some of the admins get of their <Censored> and instead of waiting for a PM just spend 2 minutes going through the threads looking for spam.
Forget the PM part, just delete the threads, there's no point in just closing them. There's no need for an admin to really ban the bot, because once it does it's business it's not coming back.

Plus, I go through and delete plenty of these a day, so don't make it sound like I'm not doing anything.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I have been deleted them this whole time! And seeing as there is no spam in any other section, wth is the point in this thread?

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1 - I move all them to archives after
2 - I ban the email adress
3- several different people from same email adress have spammed, so just deleting the thread is not an option... just edit the link and wait till an admin can ban the member and the IP/email

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I have been deleted them this whole time! And seeing as there is no spam in any other section, wth is the point in this thread?
The point of this is to tell the people who have just been closing them to start deleting them. I can guarentee you all people aren't doing this, because I just had to delete one that somebody else closed... <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%