Source: Big 12 Invites TCU To Join

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AP - People with knowledge of the decision say Big 12 leaders have agreed to invite TCU to join the fractured league as early as the 2012 football season.

The offer to TCU will be extended sometime in the next few days, according to two people with ties to the Big 12.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Did not want them at all. But for what their here for its cool. Add Louisville/WVU/Cincy after MU leaves and its all good.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
ESPN is reporting the Big 12 and Tulane are in discussion.

TULANE??? LMAO!

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stop believing the bs ESPN tells people. Tulane won't be in the big 12.

It's gonna be Louisville added next when MU leaves.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bring in SMU and Houston and reunite the old SWC if you ask me.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Houston is a sure thing. SMU/Tulane.. I doubt it. SMU has a chance they, they're a very big school that just never recovered from the death penalty in the 80s.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Houston is not being added to the big 12. We have enough texas teams. We're raiding the big east for whatever they have left. Then Uconn probably to the ACC if they budge.

Louisville is our next target/

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
depends on what Missouri does -- Tulane makes sense because of location.

UH and TCU will most likely join. But getting Louisville is what they're hoping for.

Who needs TAMU??? oh yeah, the SEC so they have someone to stomp each year

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Real smart move for the Big 12, I don't see TCU turning that offer down. Now they won't have to travel as far for conference games.

Plus Big East is on the way down big time. But TCU could have dominated the Big East in football.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sources: TCU To Accept Big 12 Invite

Richard Durrett/ESPN.com - TCU trustees are scheduled to meet on Monday and are expected to accept the Big 12's invitation to join the conference, according to sources.

An announcement could come as early as Monday evening.

The Big 12 extended TCU an invitation on Thursday and said it would begin discussions with the university immediately. TCU chancellor Victor Boschini Jr. issued a statement on Thursday about the situation.

"These discussions with the Big 12 have huge implications for TCU," the statement said. "It will allow us to return to old rivalries, something our fans and others have been advocating for many years. As always, we must consider what's best for TCU and our student-athletes in this ever-changing landscape of collegiate athletics. We look forward to continuing these discussions with the Big 12."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%