So what do you think of the new forum software..

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
1) http://www.sportsinsomnia.com/forums/index.php?act=idx is now a broken link, would be nice if that was fixed.
2) Reputation should show under posts. -- FIXED
3) Back on the old site, you could click on the number of replies of a thread and see the number of replies by user in that thread which was actually really helpful.
4) Search is also dead for basically all posts from before the merge.
5) Tagging members doesn't lead to a notification when it should. -- This works about 50% of the time now
6) We used to be able to click on the SI next to a forum name and it would mark the forum as read, but that appears to not work anymore.
Try out the search again. Trying to still figure out if the other options are doable.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'll reply to this thread later when I'm not out about forum-specific things, but can you PLEASE give me the full access to the ACP? It's really been annoying having to ask every single time, and still not have it. I know you're working on the FTP (which I still don't get what the issue is), but the ACP access should not be hard
bump

PeachyRockinGal

Reaction score
Personally, I like the Xenfro styled site.

I am a member of a hockey site that has been using this for a number of years, so I am pretty familiar with it, and I do like the nice clean look to it.

Also, apparently there are many add ons that can be put in over time as the site owner sees fit and as the needs of the site change.

Good job to all who make this site look the way it does.

Fast, clean look to the site, easy to read postings, nice lil extras here and there.
Good job all around.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Try out the search again. Trying to still figure out if the other options are doable.
It would be nice if you would actually come to us with updates rather than me having to pry them out of you.

Also, it's truly embarrassing that you still haven't given @bosoxlover12 full ACP access yet.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
1) http://www.sportsinsomnia.com/forums/index.php?act=idx is now a broken link, would be nice if that was fixed.
3) Back on the old site, you could click on the number of replies of a thread and see the number of replies by user in that thread which was actually really helpful.
4) Search is also dead for basically all posts from before the merge.
5) Tagging members doesn't lead to a notification when it should. -- This works about 50% of the time now
6) We used to be able to click on the SI next to a forum name and it would mark the forum as read, but that appears to not work anymore.
1. Is there still a problem with tagging members? I've tagged members for the SI Pick Em and I believe most people got it. I'm curious if anyone is having an issue and we can look in to it further. Could be a profile setting or something.

2. I liked the feature for viewing the number of replies by user, and I think I may have found an add-on to bring that back. I'm running it by Shaggy and if it's compatible we should be able to install it.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
1. Is there still a problem with tagging members? I've tagged members for the SI Pick Em and I believe most people got it. I'm curious if anyone is having an issue and we can look in to it further. Could be a profile setting or something
I think it might be when people don’t click the tag, but instead write it all out

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Another thing I just noticed: can you no longer see who's currently viewing a topic when you're in it?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Another thing I just noticed: can you no longer see who's currently viewing a topic when you're in it?
That wasn't a base feature but it's something we're going to add on. I actually emailed shaggy a link to install it earlier today.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
That wasn't a base feature but it's something we're going to add on. I actually emailed shaggy a link to install it earlier today.
How often do you two talk? Tell him he should be on here more often with updates. He's a ghost.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
We don't talk as often as you guys may think. But I know he runs a business outside of SI and the other sites he owns.

I have actually expressed to him the importance of him being more present here and he agrees - but I know it's tough. That's why I'm here. But I know he's trying. He checks in from time to time, and he's in our NFL pick em contest. Hes trying, and I can assure you he's here more than our previous owner was

Reactions: NV

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
It would be nice if you would actually come to us with updates rather than me having to pry them out of you.

Also, it's truly embarrassing that you still haven't given @bosoxlover12 full ACP access yet.
Seriously? I just told you to give the search a try as I think I got it fixed. How is that "prying" it out of me?

Bosox is an admin and has access to the admin cp.

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
How often do you two talk? Tell him he should be on here more often with updates. He's a ghost.
Dude, Xenforo 2.2 is new to me. Its not the same as XH 1.5 that I have gotten used to. There are a ton new features and other features that went bye bye. I can't make everything the same as it was on IPB. So something may never be put back on here.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Seriously? I just told you to give the search a try as I think I got it fixed. How is that "prying" it out of me?

Bosox is an admin and has access to the admin cp.
I came to you with a list of issues when the update first went up and I still haven't heard a clear update from you. @Giantmetfan07 has stepped in and cleared some things up, and I'm very appreciative of that.

I'm not trying to be a thorn in your side or anything, but you need to consider how much time @bosoxlover12 and I spend on this site in our day to day. The place would be ten feet under now if not for the two of us. So when we go through drastic changes and the owner goes missing for a week at a time when we have questions to ask him, it can certainly be a little frustrating.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just my phone, but the search function while on mobile doesn’t work at times. I either won’t be able to type in a keyword or user, or i won’t be able to click search

It works perfectly fine on desktop but not having those same results on mobile

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Also is there a way when looking at New Posts that the avatar shown isn’t who started the thread, but rather the person who most recently posted?

For example, in the sim league it looks like I’m posting in Kings Bank when it’s actually @Will, because it shows my JT avatar next to it

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
1) http://www.sportsinsomnia.com/forums/index.php?act=idx is now a broken link, would be nice if that was fixed. - Probably won't be able to get that fixed as it been tried a few times with no luck
3) Back on the old site, you could click on the number of replies of a thread and see the number of replies by user in that thread which was actually really helpful. - I think I added an add on that fits this. Not sure if it was the one you wanted but check it out to see if is.
4) Search is also dead for basically all posts from before the merge. - I believe its fixed. I see Bosox said it works perfectly on a desktop but finiky on a phone? I'll check the phone issues.
5) Tagging members doesn't lead to a notification when it should. -- This works about 50% of the time now - So you are saying it alerts some of the time? I haven't been able to reproduce the error as I get alerts every time I am tagged or quoted.
6) We used to be able to click on the SI next to a forum name and it would mark the forum as read, but that appears to not work anymore. - Probably not an option in XF

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%