love the colors.

Raindelay

Has 2 Phones
Reaction score
That's awesome, much better than the ghost lol

ambivalentSoul

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I actually like the ghost as a concept. It ties into the whole idea of snaps disappearing. But if they're gonna stick with that they gotta use a better looking ghost because the current one is ugly IMO. Just update it like Twitter did with their bird.

pistonsboi

Reaction score
word, the app's ghost mascot idea is slick af

nice work, i like this, especially the color choice

can definitely see this if SC was ever to go for a "professional" look instead of playful, but that's the intended audience I guess

NordicNous

Mats Näslund / Jari Kurri Kent Nilsson / Håkan Lo
Reaction score
Worked with many gifted graphical artists myself, and that is a brilliant concept and delivery of the idea @[member='ambivalentSoul']!

Only one real suggestion for improvement: Make the camera part/section more clear that it is a camera. At first glance, it isn't that obvious.
I'd add a "flash" or a "lens" to the icon to really tie it together. Small additions, keep it simple! 

Examples:

"Flash"

Lens:

ambivalentSoul

Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate the thoughtful feedback! I actually considered adding some more detail to the camera. However, Snapchat has made the circle in the box look synonymous with taking pictures (See below). 

Users are used to correlating the above icon with "snapping" a video or photo, so my hope is that it's not too much of a stretch for them to make the connection with the logo as well.

NordicNous

Reaction score
ambivalentSoul said:
Thanks man, I appreciate the thoughtful feedback! I actually considered adding some more detail to the camera. However, Snapchat has made the circle in the box look synonymous with taking pictures (See below). 

Users are used to correlating the above icon with "snapping" a video or photo, so my hope is that it's not too much of a stretch for them to make the connection with the logo as well.

True that they have the very simplistic circle.
As you mention yourself "users are used". I mentioned "At first glance, it isn't that obvious."

To craft a truly great icon/logo/sign, it needs to welcome new and old users. Perhaps even more important, to create a "bound" with the users. Like the ghost they are using today. It is shit, but it is a very distinguish look to it. Hard to be confused by other apps. (This new concept have. It is so simple and mini. It needs a bit unique sprinkles on top!)

This idea is already such a big upgrade from their original concept. Tinker with the details (aka "sprinkles")  :) 

NordicNous

Reaction score
On the other hand... the current circle with the lines of text have a very good feng-shui ... 

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%