Singletary throws Davis out of game

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just heard this one Fox's post-game show.

During the 49ers/Seahawks game today, SF tight end Vernon Davis slapped a Seahawks' player in the face.

Davis was penalized for the unnecessary conduct but even worse, interim head coach Mike Singleary had some words for Davis, once Davis got back to the sideline.

Ultimately, Singletary pulled Davis out of the game and sent him to the locker room.

Singletary also benched QB J.T. O'Sullivan...then gave one fired up post-game interview.

Way to go Singletary. Don't take anymore sh.. from these undisciplined primadonnas we have all over the field now. -AE

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I think it was PARTLY a message to his organization that He means business, he's going to straighten this team out, and he WILL NOT accept failure. He also sent a message that this is the way he will be, and that's what the organization needs. Because personally, I LIKE Frank Gore, i dont think hes great because the offense is just 1 dimensional.
Singletary will straighten them out, because this organization (weren't they playoff contenders like 2 years ago?) is falling off the map and quite frankly, a laughing stock. They need a hard rock as the coach, glad he made the moves he made. But he's still got a lot of work to do.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Haha, love it!

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Mike Singletary is awesome!! Definately the kind of discipline and attitude this team was missing at head coach, and they definately found the right guy to give them just that. I`m glad Davis was told the way he was by Singletary. It`s one thing to jaw at a guy, or helmet-to-helmet hit him, but to slap him in the face is nothing but disrespectful and deserves a earful from the coach, which Davis wasn`t able to get all of because he was too busy in the locker room taking a shower haha.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I, for one, am glad to hear that a coach is acting like the ones from the 70s and 80s and putting players put in their place.

imagine if all owners allowed their coaches to do this..

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Singletary is old school & I am sure nothing drives him more crazy than athletes today.

They get paid way more than he did in his day, don't work as hard, don't appreciate the game as much, and are (for the most part) showboaters & sh*t-talkers on the field.

Vernon Davis has had the reputation of being an undisciplined player since he was drafted.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I`m thinking he will start straightening up his act soon, or Singletary will straighten it up for him.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like how he says what's up to the reporter

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
im a huge fan of him. so emotional<3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%