SI NFL PICK'EM: SUPER BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score

NOTE: (1)If Final Pick'Em results end up in a tie after the Super Bowl, the guy with the better overall record will get the tiebreaker. (2)If both have the same overall record and overall points, the guy with the better current week record (Super Bowl) will be given the tiebreaker. (3)If both have the same overall record, overall points and current week record, the guy who gets the most Bonus Points after the Super Bowl will be given the tiebreaker. (4)If both or multiple end up with all of these same (3) scenarios, it will end in a tie.

SI NFL PICK'EM: SUPER BOWL

VS

(Game is worth 10 total points plus 2 possible bonus points, so up to 12 total points)

Predict the final points scored combined for both teams. Game is worth 2 points if you are within 5 points of the total points scored in the game.

New York Giants vs New England Patriots:

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Patriots 54 points (-24) No Bonus Pts

0-1
0 BN
0 Total Points

swoosh

Reaction score
So there's no advantage to being ahead going into the final game of the season? Either way, I have to get this game right. That's beyond stupid. You should have stuck with 5 points.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
So there's no advantage to being ahead going into the final game of the season? Either way, I have to get this game right. That's beyond stupid. You should have stuck with 5 points.
It was 5 points because there was more than one game each weekend. Each playoff weekend was at LEAST 12 points in total, it's been that way throughout and the Super Bowl shouldn't be any different, except it's just one game and not multiple, equaling the same amount. You have a chance of losing it either way, even if it was just 5 points. I know this gives about 4 guys a chance, but it's not any different, total points wise as it's been all post-season.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Patriots

56 (-18 No Bonus Pts)

0-1
0 BN
0 Total Points

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Giants

Total score: 62 (-24 Bonus Pts)

1-0
0 BN
10 Total Points

swoosh

Reaction score
It was 5 points because there was more than one game each weekend. Each playoff weekend was at LEAST 12 points in total, it's been that way throughout and the Super Bowl shouldn't be any different, except it's just one game and not multiple, equaling the same amount. You have a chance of losing it either way, even if it was just 5 points. I know this gives about 4 guys a chance, but it's not any different, total points wise as it's been all post-season.
Why should picking one game be any more important than picking another? Just because it's the Super Bowl and there's only one game being played? That doesn't make much sense.

Lol, it's whatever. I was leading going into the playoffs and going into the Super Bowl. I suppose I'll just go after the triple crown.

swoosh

Reaction score
Meh, I guess it doesn't even matter what this is worth. It's going to be nola or I winning no matter what.

swoosh

Reaction score
Just wait for him to post his, and just copy it.
Well then Rip or sox would win if we got it wrong, lol.

That's why I'm saying this game should only be worth 5. We are the only two who put ourselves in a situation to win it going into this game. It'd be like two teams tied in baseball going into the final series. A team that's five games back shouldn't have a chance. The MLB shouldn't make each game be worth twice as much just for the hell of it, lol.

Just my two cents.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Why should picking one game be any more important than picking another? Just because it's the Super Bowl and there's only one game being played? That doesn't make much sense.

Lol, it's whatever. I was leading going into the playoffs and going into the Super Bowl. I suppose I'll just go after the triple crown.
It's not any different, at all.. The total points is still the same as it's been throughout the entire playoffs. I know each game was worth 5 points, but all that mattered was the total points, which hasn't changed whatsoever. I understand why you don't like it, but if you get the game correct, you won't have to worry about it. I'll be sure to change the format next year, to the basic simple way.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Patriots
41 (-3 +2 Bonus Pts)

0-1
2 BN
2 Total Points

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man now I feel like I need a strategy lol

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have like the 4th best record...i'll take that.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Well now I lost, since Rip picked NE

Legit, I find it stupid that the team with the most wins ends up in 4th

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Well now I lost, since Rip picked NE

Legit, I find it stupid that the team with the most wins ends up in 4th
Pick the Giants then... If you want to win it that bad, you'll have to go against your team or just settle for 4th, I guess that's your choice. You people take this thing wayyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously lol. I know it's nice to win it after we've been doing it all year and nice topping everyone else, but we don't get anything for this, I'd say different if we did, it's just for fun. I have gathered some time ago to change it next year and believe me, I will. That way people can't bitch at me, they can only bitch at themselves for picking the wrong teams.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
It's going to come down to you and nola anyway, if he goes opposite of you, which he should... In the end, it will be either him or you winning it, either way, just how you wanted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%