SI NFL PICK'EM SIGN-UPS '12/'13 Season

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
SI NFL PICK'EM SIGN-UPS '12/'13 Season - Guidelines

Here's how we will do it this year after some complaints last year. It's pretty close to what most wanted, but with just a little twist.

- We will go by record for each weekend of football, so how ever many you pick correctly, will be the points you will have. For example: Through two weeks of football you have an overall record of 16-16, you will have 16 points total. However, that won't be it -- I will pick two games each week for everyone to guess the total points scored for each game individually, you have to get it exactly correct to get the bonus points. It will be 1 bonus point for each of the two games, so up to 2 bonus points total.

- Once the Regular Season ends, we will be seeded by how we finished the the regular season to start the playoffs. The points will be reset, but based off of the regular season standings. For example: McCoy4Heisman finishes the regular season in 1st with 200 points, he will be seeded in 1st to start the playoffs. It will be 1 point increments for each position. If McCoy4Heisman is 1st and I'm 4th, I will be 3 points behind him to start the playoffs. The points reset will be based off of how many people we have in the pick'em. If we have 15 people in it, the leader will start with 15 points and after that will be just one point increments for each position. This will help keep people interested throughout the entire season and it will still credit everyone for what they do throughout the regular season.

- Playoffs will work the same way with 1 point each depending on your pick record, that is the amount of points you will get aside from the bonus points. I will pick 1-2 games depending on how many is remaining to guess the total points scored, you will have to guess it exactly right in order to get the bonus point(s).

If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know. All weekly picks must be in before Thursday each week after the first week of the season. For the first week, all picks need to be turned in before Wednesday. If you are not committed to doing this each week, there's no point in signing up. The season starts September 5th so that is when this will start.

I will now take sign-ups for this so if interested leave your username and I will add you to the list!

Defending Winner: nolafan33 - Everyone is gunning for you!

Signed Up:
1. .Teagle
2. WHO-DEY-BENGALS_14_18
3. bosoxlover12
4. McCoy4Heisman
5. RipCity32
6. Falcons11497
7. .infamous
8. nolafan33
9. Bleacher Creature
10. bestkeptsecret13
11. Frontpage Stardom
12. DJT
13. Shady_McCoy25
14. Hornets

15. Grinder-4
16. Ballin Boy
17. TTN2810
18. Papa Pugz
19. rockstar.
20. 701
21. ItsFav

22. Sportsguy9695
23. Cody
24. Giantmetfan07

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Knowing i should have won last year im in

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Seeing by the example, I'm going to finish first, so I have to be in.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Altough IMO seeding should be done by record, not by points. I was 1st in record last year and 5th in points

that was stupid

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm in. I want the title back.

So basically though, finishing first means you have a very large edge for the playoffs?

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Altough IMO seeding should be done by record, not by points. I was 1st in record last year and 5th in points

that was stupid
The points last year was set up a whole lot different than this. This isn't even close to being the same as last year. In order to get the bonus points, which is only 2 max a week, the total score for each has to be EXACTLY right, people won't get that very often. I don't see any need to do that, I think this will work out good. It's pretty much what everyone wanted and the bonus points will be very hard to come by.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I'm in, still think you should get rid of bonus points altogether because they're just stupid

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
let's do this.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Question about the playoffs:

So lets say there are 18 teams, 1st place gets 18 points to start and last place gets 1 point. Isnt that a little too much to start the playoffs? Cuz the playoffs has 11 games so thats 11 points.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Question about the playoffs:

So lets say there are 18 teams, 1st place gets 18 points to start and last place gets 1 point. Isnt that a little too much to start the playoffs? Cuz the playoffs has 11 games so thats 11 points.
Well, that's what happens when you finish last, you are at a disadvantage lol. If you come up with a suggestion of what might work better, let me know and we'll look at it.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Well, that's what happens when you finish last, you are at a disadvantage lol. If you come up with a suggestion of what might work better, let me know and we'll look at it.
In the grand scheme of things its the right way to go. I just wanted some clarification because it will be pretty much impossible to win it if you're in the bottom half of the league.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things its the right way to go. I just wanted some clarification because it will be pretty much impossible to win it if you're in the bottom half of the league.
What wouldn't be good is say McCoy4Heisman is the leader most of the regular season and starts first come playoffs and a guy like .infamous is last most of the season and yet starts closer to McCoy once the playoffs start and ends up winning the thing, that probably wouldn't be good either. Then someone would say I led the entire season and lost it in the playoffs cause a guy who was near the bottom all year started closer to me because of the reset. The way I look at it: If a guy finishes the regular season in last, it should be a lot tougher for him to win the thing. But, this is just for fun, that's what we need to all realize, we aren't getting anything for winning, other than bragging rights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%