Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well if we do hold the elections everyone who applys will have to convince us why you want to be on the ballot. So we can hand select our options so we dont get a n00b winning because of idiotic voting. Things will have to be in a controlled environment somewhat. We may select 3-4 Gmods for the ballot then the top 2 win the position. then for modding 5-6 and the top 3 wins the positions.
Who you callin a n00b?

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
rko BALLIN. lol

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
the 2 positions to nominate was an example. Doing that would just be stupid.
No the point is so that we don't have some noob or a random member who just came back get elected to a spot and never return.
When we say noob we mean someone new to the site.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like the idea, I guess it deserves shot

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, I think we should give this a shot, but like was said...have limited, maybe monitored is the better word, nominations

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the 2 positions to nominate was an example. Doing that would just be stupid.
No the point is so that we don't have some noob or a random member who just came back get elected to a spot and never return.
When we say noob we mean someone new to the site.
Honestly, who are you? I've never seen you on the site before the past few days where you decide that you know what's best for this forum that's been around for 2 years.

Marcum28

Reaction score
I like the idea, it could make the site more active aswell, as people try to add rep for next elections. The only problem would be a surplus of guys wanting to be elected. Because I'm sure every person on this board is going to try to be elected. So we are going to need a like way to make it less men running for "office." Perhaps have the Admins cut it down to like 5 guys running for both of the 2 positions avalible. Or like 4 trying out for the 2 G-Mods and 5 trying out for the 3 Mods. Something like that I suppose.

Marcum28

Reaction score
Guys, we could turn this into an entire economic community. It'd be awesome. We could have elections, have people get paid for their positions. I.E. Member, Admin, GFX Member. People could hold shops and you could have a forum where people have their houses and stuff. Then the owner of the site would be like the Government and receive a percentage of the money passed around.

Example of how it's work.

Primary industry : Photo finders
Secondary industry : Photo cutters
Tertiary industry : GFX members

So The GFX member would have to pay the cutter to find a photo of a player, and they'd pay them to cut it and then regular members would pay for the GFX member when they complete the request.

It could be like a virtual economy.

Another idea to go along with it: we could have a crew of members that run a stock market, where you can buy shares on teams and the stock would fluctuate and drop according to the success of the team.

If you don't want this based in a forum, I could make a webbie for it.

I can elaborate alot more about it. It's pretty unique, and defientely hasn't been done by a sports forum before, and defintely would add LOTS of activity.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Guys, we could turn this into an entire economic community. It'd be awesome. We could have elections, have people get paid for their positions. I.E. Member, Admin, GFX Member. People could hold shops and you could have a forum where people have their houses and stuff. Then the owner of the site would be like the Government and receive a percentage of the money passed around.

Example of how it's work.

Primary industry : Photo finders
Secondary industry : Photo cutters
Tertiary industry : GFX members

So The GFX member would have to pay the cutter to find a photo of a player, and they'd pay them to cut it and then regular members would pay for the GFX member when they complete the request.

It could be like a virtual economy.
Another idea to go along with it: we could have a crew of members that run a stock market, where you can buy shares on teams and the stock would fluctuate and drop according to the success of the team.

If you don't want this based in a forum, I could make a webbie for it.

I can elaborate alot more about it. It's pretty unique, and defientely hasn't been done by a sports forum before, and defintely would add LOTS of activity.
wow not only can you be broke in life you can also come to SI and be just as broke LOL but this idea does seem kinda complicated

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And while were at it we can play Barbie too. <_<

Why would we do this? We are here to discuss sports, not play little kid games.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont want a whole neopet society out of this. I wanted it for the staff no farther then that.

Marcum28

Reaction score
wow not only can you be broke in life you can also come to SI and be just as broke LOL but this idea does seem kinda complicated

And while were at it we can play Barbie too. <_<

Why would we do this? We are here to discuss sports, not play little kid games.

I dont want a whole neopet society out of this. I wanted it for the staff no farther then that.

You see, this is why I left the first time. You could have simply said "this isn't a good idea", but instead you have to make smart ass comments about it. Quite frankly, it's all based around sports, and the things that are already on the site, at the most, all it will do is improve discussion.

Sabbath

Reaction score
How am I a noob? Look at you with your idiotic posts. Holding a staff election. :rolleyes:. I hardly post and just post at CT sometimes and then leave. :wacko:
And you are talking to the head administartor and the person that created this board. but your right he's a total noob :rolleyes:

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Quit with the crap guys, give it a shot. What happens if it fails? Like AE said we go back to what we got now, wash our hands, and get out lol.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
marcum - you have to take the bad criticism with the good, unfortunately. as for your suggestion, it might be something we do eventually, but at this moment, we'll try doing a G-Mod election.

Depending on how well it goes, we'll do elections for Forum Mods, too.

We will post something on nominations today or tomorrow, hopefully (Kraig and I discussed a bit last night)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Have Kraig,Bks,J, and BB nominate 1 member to be G-Mod and nominate another member to be mod. Then the other members will vote on who they think should recieve a staff spot.
I agree I think this will workout really good.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Honestly, who are you? I've never seen you on the site before the past few days where you decide that you know what's best for this forum that's been around for 2 years.
Um, I used to go on this site a lot. I used to be very active in sports topics and article team but when site had less activity at a point, article crew stopped working and i was only one there, and I began to have problems with internet that I could not go on, I couldn't get on for about 2 months. I lost important and well respected positions on a few other sites and I just got my internet back up a week ago, came back and regained my position on the article team.

I never said anything about what would be best for the site, I gave an opinion and an idea so If you don't like it go suck my b***s. Other people are coming up with ideas alright so :foff: . I've had to take a lot of stuff from people on other sites for coming back, so lay off. I've never heard of you and don't really know what you have done really for the site rather than have a lot of posts. Maybe you have been very important to the site, I don't know...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I never said anything about what would be best for the site, I gave an opinion and an idea so If you don't like it go suck my b***s. Other people are coming up with ideas alright so :foff: . I've had to take a lot of stuff from people on other sites for coming back so lay off. I've never heard of you and don't really know what you have done really for the site rather than have a lot of posts. Maybe you have been very important to the site, I don't know...
This is really why a lot of people will be turned off to SI there is a lot of fights on this site.
I've had my share but I'm trying not to start arguements.
How about we all quit fighting and come up ideas for SI V2.0 and lets help the admins come up with an idea on how to vote on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%