Should pitchers be allowed to win Most Valuable Player award?

Should pitchers ever win Most Valuable Player awards?

• Total voters

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Should a major league pitcher ever win an cy young and MVP award or should MVP award just be for position players?

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
No. They have their own award in the Cy Young. That is their MVP. Hitters can't win the best pitcher award, i view the MVP as the best hitter award. Maybe we need a Barry Bonds award.

catman

Reaction score
If a pitcher has an absolutely dominating season, (25-3, 1.40 ERA), they should be allowed to win both the Cy Young and the MVP.

The Wolf

Reaction score
catman said:
If a pitcher has an absolutely dominating season, (25-3, 1.40 ERA), they should be allowed to win both the Cy Young and the MVP.
I agree with this. The Cy Young award is just for pitchers. The MVP award includes all players. In my opinion, it's certainly possible for a player to be the best pitcher in the league, while also being the most valuable player in that given season.

cole

Reaction score
Allen said:
No. They have their own award in the Cy Young. That is their MVP. Hitters can't win the best pitcher award, i view the MVP as the best hitter award. Maybe we need a Barry Bonds award.
Silver Slugger lol?

Cy Young, Reliever of the Year are for each position at pitcher. Silver Slugger is for each position as a hitter. There shouldn't be positional bias for the MVP.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
cole said:
Silver Slugger lol?

Cy Young, Reliever of the Year are for each position at pitcher. Silver Slugger is for each position as a hitter. There shouldn't be positional bias for the MVP.
Personally I have no care in the world for the silver slugger, and that might be where I go in my own course haha.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

RickD

Reaction score
If your pitcher is your MVP, it tells me the position players suck!

Hopesfail

Reaction score
It's most valuable PLAYER. The pitcher plays the game, so yes, they should be eligible. Maybe the league needs a position player award, like maybe the Vin Scully Award.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%