Should I...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Should I try out for the GFX team again? Or am I still "not ready"
Cause if I try out, I'd rather not get shut down, so I want to know before hand if I should

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
go ahead and try out again.. why not?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cuz I know I'll prolly get turned down yet, again

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ok I won't

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You are getting better, but there's something holding you back.

AgentZer0

High School All Canadian
Reaction score
Yankees2772 said:
You are getting better, but there's something holding you back.
haha that sounds like a line from a movie

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nothing really in particular. No part in your sig making is bad, but to make the gfx team you just need to do something else... Everybody can improve in every aspect, some more than others. Some tips for you in particular:

Work on text. I like to use white text set to soft light with a drop shadow of 0 distance, but this doesn't always work on grungy sigs. Cursive font on 2 lines is a no no. If you seem to have huge text placement problems, make a text box on the sig... Never fails. And the font face in your sigs is usually a bad choice.

Your render effects are decent, but look for some new ones every now and then that'll make the sig nice. Render blending isn't bad, but you sometimes have too much on top of the render which distracts the viewer from the main focus - the render.

Your backgrounds seem to be a whole lot of brushing, a lot of times, random brushing. For example, in the AI sig you are wearing, the boxes were un needed and killed the flow of the sig. Make sure the background flows with the sig, and make sure it's not to overdone, but not too plain either.

Coloring seems to be another big problem for you... The AI coloring is nice, but some other sigs, such as your Pierce, Bosh, and even VC sigs, the coloring is off. Pierce and Bosh are too contrasted/bright, and 1 colored sigs aren't good these days. The red in the VC sig is alright, but yellow and orange are nowhere near "acceptable" coloring for this sig. And once again, over contrasted/bright.

This may all sound mean, but I'm just nitpicking, and finding little things. Just work on these and you'd make it, but for now, I'm no, sorry.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lighting is a big part of sigs, but you shouldn't work on lighting if you can't get anything else.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeh, and in your AI sig,

1. The pic looks VERY strecthed
2. There are too many brushes over the pic
3. The pic is too bright

dcpwner

Reaction score
also use good cuts, it seems like the AI is poorly cut, u dont know how much better sigs look if they have well cut renders

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The thing is (excluding AI sig) I rarley brush at all, they just look grungy, but if you look at my PSD's you find one layer of grunge really blended

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alright this is enough.

I hate how people say that they make brushless sigs and think they are "all that"... If brushing makes a sig look better, why not brush? I have no problem with brushing, it's a part of sig making.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree, I brush when I want to. The only time I don't is when I want a more abstract feel and even then there could be some brushing involved.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I no yankees, but somone above said something about my "grungey" look, and I was just refearing to that

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont think anyone said stop using brushes. All I said was that there were too many brushes over the pic of AI.

nba_balla

Ball Hard .
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I only brush when I want lighting or when I want to add depth.. (which is barely ever for the depth part)..

AgentZer0

High School All Canadian
Reaction score
Yankees2772 said:
Alright this is enough.

I hate how people say that they make brushless sigs and think they are "all that"... If brushing makes a sig look better, why not brush? I have no problem with brushing, it's a part of sig making.
I use a blurs circle brush for lighting, and thats all. Some of the best sigs I have seen are basically done wiht C4D's, Stocks, and the Pen Tool. I rarely use brushes except for when i need some lighting on a specific areas and stuff so i just grab a blurry circle brush.

I personally think if you make your bg's solely on brushing, then your not gonna go anywhere in terms of designing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%