Shaq out? Marion in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Heat has told center Shaquille O'Neal's representation that it is talking about trading him and he should be prepared for the possibility of a deal, according to two officials close to the situation. Phoenix has discussed sending forward Shawn Marion and point guard Marcus Banks to the Heat in return for O'Neal.

Asked for confirmation, one of O'Neal's representatives said O'Neal has been made aware that discussions with Phoenix are serious and ongoing, but that a deal was not definite.

Dallas also has been mentioned as a potential destination, though the Heat had not immediately informed O'Neal of that possibility.
Miami Herald

I am personally shocked!! Marion alone is better right now than Shaq. I am guessing the Suns are banking on teams having trouble to either double team Amare or Shaq and they want to rid themselves of Marion. I would love Riley if he pulled this off.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, thatd be a great deal for Miami!

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
its kinda fair the way Phoenix does end up wit Shaq amd Amare (which is a pretty killer duo for a frontcourt)

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Wow horrible deal for Phoenix, yes they would have Shaq and Amare, but I mean Shaq will be done in what, about a year or so? Marion is a beast and isnt that old, and Banks is a good backup.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we got them scared lol
go ahead and do it, idc

he ruins there Offensive plans though

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He couldn't play fast ball.
But if they changed there style a little he could fit.
I mean that would be a pretty beastly PF/C duo.

But Miami would win this deal...Then they would have a lottery pick(assuming they don't make playoffs)

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well Shaq's contract expires in 2 years, so does Nash's. I'm guessing the Suns want those two contracts to expire together so they can have loads of money to sign players and maybe Nash could comeback with a pay cut, just my guess.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well Shaq's contract expires in 2 years, so does Nash's. I'm guessing the Suns want those two contracts to expire together so they can have loads of money to sign players and maybe Nash could comeback with a pay cut, just my guess.
That'd be a good idea...But the Heat offered right?
This doesn't mean it will happen.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not to be an asshole but this deal will not happen. Totally will kill the salaries. Bad enough you trade Kurt Thomas because of salary and had to attach picks so Seattle would take him. I believe SHAQ has a better chance landing in NYK for Stephon than he does in Phoenix. One.

bulls12

Reaction score
i wonder if Shaq will be able to make it to Phoenix without getting hurt, lol.

Sports Hour

Reaction score
Yeah, thatd be a great deal for Miami!
I like this deal for Miami too, mainly because I want to see Dwayne Wade and his team succeed.

Wow horrible deal for Phoenix, yes they would have Shaq and Amare, but I mean Shaq will be done in what, about a year or so? Marion is a beast and isnt that old, and Banks is a good backup.
Good point there. I was thinking that as well. Shaquille is 35 and Marion is 29.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yeah, Shaq has about 2-3 years max left of his career IMO, Marion has about 8-10. Banks isnt that old either, and coming off the bench he can be very productive.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
This would benefit the Heat so much. Marion and D-Wade would be sick together and gives the Heat a star player that can actually stay healthy. Marion is an all around great player and is underrated. Phoenix would be getting the short end of the stick. Shaq isn't the same Shaq. Shaq can't stay healthy and he is on the decline of his career anyways.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This would benefit the Heat so much. Marion and D-Wade would be sick together and gives the Heat a star player that can actually stay healthy. Marion is an all around great player and is underrated. Phoenix would be getting the short end of the stick. Shaq isn't the same Shaq. Shaq can't stay healthy and he is on the decline of his career anyways.
You guys aren't seeing this right.
Miami wins the deal now.

But in 2 or 3 years when Nash and Shaq are both FA's they will have like 40Mill.
So then I'd say Phx would have gotten the better deal.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
You guys aren't seeing this right.
Miami wins the deal now.

But in 2 or 3 years when Nash and Shaq are both FA's they will have like 40Mill.
So then I'd say Phx would have gotten the better deal.
Umm... No the Suns do not win. The Heat can build around Marion and Wade no? Shaq is an old unhealthy piece of crap. 14 points and 6 rebounds isn't that great, not for a player of Marion's caliber. Shaq will be retired by the 2 or 3 years. Why try to look for the future, when you can win now?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Umm... No the Suns do not win. The Heat can build around Marion and Wade no? Shaq is an old unhealthy piece of crap. 14 points and 6 rebounds isn't that great, not for a player of Marion's caliber. Shaq will be retired by the 2 or 3 years. Why try to look for the future, when you can win now?
The Heat win this deal yes.
But they still miss the playoffs.

While the Suns make the Playoffs I also think that Shaq would help them he can still produce and maybe a new team that is doing good will help him gain his confidence back...
Plus like I said in 3 years they will be able to sign 2 maybe 3 big free agents.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaq is going for his physical on Wednsday.
They traded for Shaq it is final!!!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the suns are in panic mode
after we got gasol, they've became really worried.

i wouldnt be suprised if they did this. hopefully they give Miami more players :p

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shaq is going for his physical on Wednsday.
They traded for Shaq it is final!!!
Now I can't find it...
I guess he didn't nevermind.

But it will happen most likely tonight or tomrrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%