Shad Khan views tarps in Jacksonville as a sign of failure

Stro

Reaction score
Hes a DEFENSIVE TACKLE.

Its rare for DTs to end up with alot of sacks unless your a Suh or Sapp type player, which he isnt.. but hes a very good DT. & Hes one of the main reasons Jags had a top 5 Defense last year.

He also hasn't been healthy since week 2 of 2010 (After the Broncos game)

Sooo... I think Alualu will murder shit this year while Tebow is benched near the end of October.

Ok ok, so you're showing me "special" highlights of something he rarely does. Better get counting these sacks when he's healthy.

Oh, and on that, show me a healthy NFL player. They all play through injuries, not least Tebow (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/01/18/tebow-seriously-hurt-in-playoff-game/).

I've seen a few Jags games last year & Alualu was vanilla.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Ok ok, so you're showing me "special" highlights of something he rarely does. Better get counting these sacks when he's healthy.

Oh, and on that, show me a healthy NFL player. They all play through injuries, not least Tebow (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/01/18/tebow-seriously-hurt-in-playoff-game/).

I've seen a few Jags games last year & Alualu was vanilla.
Alualu is far from Vanilla.

& I've seen every Tebow game.. Dude blows whale dick for 45 mins, comes back and Wins cause of his Defense.. Don't wanna hear it, hes garbage.

Alualu is known for being a dynamic player. He can play the 3-4 and 4-3. Hes a sacking DT, and its obvious that his injury has held him back a little bit, he'll finally be 100% this year and we'll see the real Alualu. I was saying hes a special player and he killed a double team and got to the QB. Hes still be good so far, still wouldn't take him over Tebow. & You'd be fired if you was a NFL GM. Taking a meh 15 Min QB over a trench guy.. LMFAO. Fail.

Stro

Reaction score
Alualu is far from Vanilla.

& I've seen every Tebow game.. Dude blows whale dick for 45 mins, comes back and Wins cause of his Defense.. Don't wanna hear it, hes garbage.

Alualu is known for being a dynamic player. He can play the 3-4 and 4-3. Hes a sacking DT, and its obvious that his injury has held him back a little bit, he'll finally be 100% this year and we'll see the real Alualu. I was saying hes a special player and he killed a double team and got to the QB. Hes still be good so far, still wouldn't take him over Tebow. & You'd be fired if you was a NFL GM. Taking a meh 15 Min QB over a trench guy.. LMFAO. Fail.
But you're missing what I'm saying... If I was the Jags, I'd have drafted Tebow for $$$ and keeping the team in J'ville. Successful or not I'd have done it.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
But you're missing what I'm saying... If I was the Jags, I'd have drafted Tebow for $$$ and keeping the team in J'ville. Successful or not I'd have done it.
HE WOULDN'T OF STARTED, THEREFORE HE WOULDN'T HAVE SOLD TICKETS.

We didn't need to draft him to Stay in Jacksonville, WE'RE STAYING REGARLDESS.. Shit, Do you listen?

We're not leaving Jacksonville. Its been guarenteed. Anybody or anything saying we are just look at old stadium stats. Teams like the Chargers, Raiders, Rams, etc have harder times selling out.. & Teams have never relocated due to ticket issues in the NFL. Jags are going no where. Learn your facts.

Stro

Reaction score
HE WOULDN'T OF STARTED, THEREFORE HE WOULDN'T HAVE SOLD TICKETS.

We didn't need to draft him to Stay in Jacksonville, WE'RE STAYING REGARLDESS.. Shit, Do you listen?

We're not leaving Jacksonville. Its been guarenteed. Anybody or anything saying we are just look at old stadium stats. Teams like the Chargers, Raiders, Rams, etc have harder times selling out.. & Teams have never relocated due to ticket issues in the NFL. Jags are going no where. Learn your facts.

We should all know not to take people's word when it comes to this. Only time will tell. LA does have a sexy new stadium being built.

Regardless if Tebow had not started or not, Garrard would be still be gone after 2010 (it was obviously a long time in the making) and Tebow could have been given his run.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
We should all know not to take people's word when it comes to this. Only time will tell. LA does have a sexy new stadium being built.

Regardless if Tebow had not started or not, Garrard would be still be gone after 2010 (it was obviously a long time in the making) and Tebow could have been given his run.
Garrard wouldn't of been Cut if it wasn't for Gabbert. Gabbert impressed in Training Camp and Preseason enough to the point where they felt he could of took 2011 as a learning year and get the learning curve out of the way. Much like the Packers did with Aaron Rodgers in 2008.

& The stadium lease isn't letting the Jaguars move, Everbank has it written in the contract.. Sorry, you're clueless once again. Jags aren't moving.

Stro

Reaction score
Garrard wouldn't of been Cut if it wasn't for Gabbert. Gabbert impressed in Training Camp and Preseason enough to the point where they felt he could of took 2011 as a learning year and get the learning curve out of the way. Much like the Packers did with Aaron Rodgers in 2008.

& The stadium lease isn't letting the Jaguars move, Everbank has it written in the contract.. Sorry, you're clueless once again. Jags aren't moving.
Sorry did you just compare to going into the league as a rookie QB to sitting (learning) behind Brett Favre for 3 years?

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Sorry did you just compare to going into the league as a rookie QB to sitting (learning) behind Brett Favre for 3 years?
No, Packers could of kept Favre in 2008, but decided that Aaron Rodgers had done enough in Practices and Preseason that they though it was his time to go out here and play and get the learning curve over with.

2008 - 5-11
2009 - PLAYOFFS
2010 - Superbowl.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think one of the bottom lines is, you put a bunch of teams in that stadium with their fanbases and the tarp isn't the least bit necessary. The Saints have a season ticket waiting list that nearly doubles what the Superdome can hold.

So basically saying the stadium is too big is a bullshit excuse, because not only does the Jags owner agree, but there are other fanbases and teams that would easily fill it.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I think one of the bottom lines is, you put a bunch of teams in that stadium with their fanbases and the tarp isn't the least bit necessary. The Saints have a season ticket waiting list that nearly doubles what the Superdome can hold.

So basically saying the stadium is too big is a bullshit excuse, because not only does the Jags owner agree, but there are other fanbases and teams that would easily fill it.
New Orleans also has a bigger market, the Stadium is too big for Jacksonville.

Jesus.

Saints wasn't filling up the season ticket waiting list when they had Aaron Brooks as a QB and pushing 7-9 each season. Full stadiums comes with winning. Shad Khan is moving twords a new stadium being built. He hired Mark Lamping as the president of non-football operations (Who helps the Giants get their new stadium, and the St. Louis Cardinals get new upgrade shit to theirs as well) .... The Gator Bowl is too big for Jacksonville. A Small market city who has had no excitement other than a top RB which doesn't sell alot of tickets. Jaguars are staying in Jacksonville and quite frankly I have tons of confidence in Shad Khan that he will make the Jaguars ticket into one of the most sought after tickets in the league. Dude def knows how to run a business.. He'll be a tremendous owner.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And I also read that he is trying to bring other big companies into the Jacksonville area to bring more jobs and shit like that. Read he might be the best thing to ever happen to the Jags and to the Jacksonville area.

i know irrelevant to the topic but just felt like saying it lol

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
And I also read that he is trying to bring other big companies into the Jacksonville area to bring more jobs and shit like that. Read he might be the best thing to ever happen to the Jags and to the Jacksonville area.
Bingo!

Dudes really don't realize how wealthy Shad Khan is and shit..

His 100+ Million Dollar Yaht.

He paid 740 Million Dollars for the Jags, all cash.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
740 mill seems awfully low for an NFL team.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
740 mill seems awfully low for an NFL team.
Yes.. It was Valued at like 800 mill or some shit, but the Jaguars arent some powerhouse team like the Cowboys or Etc.. Still kinda New and never really did anything. Fair price iMO.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
New Orleans also has a bigger market, the Stadium is too big for Jacksonville.

Jesus.

Saints wasn't filling up the season ticket waiting list when they had Aaron Brooks as a QB and pushing 7-9 each season. Full stadiums comes with winning. Shad Khan is moving twords a new stadium being built. He hired Mark Lamping as the president of non-football operations (Who helps the Giants get their new stadium, and the St. Louis Cardinals get new upgrade shit to theirs as well) .... The Gator Bowl is too big for Jacksonville. A Small market city who has had no excitement other than a top RB which doesn't sell alot of tickets. Jaguars are staying in Jacksonville and quite frankly I have tons of confidence in Shad Khan that he will make the Jaguars ticket into one of the most sought after tickets in the league. Dude def knows how to run a business.. He'll be a tremendous owner.
The population of Jacksonville almost doubles New Orleans, based on 2010. And during the early 2000's, the Saints were making those 7-9 records but never really had a problem filling the Dome, selling out pretty much every game. They never had to put up tarps like they do for the Tulane games.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
The population of Jacksonville almost doubles New Orleans, based on 2010. And during the early 2000's, the Saints were making those 7-9 records but never really had a problem filling the Dome, selling out pretty much every game. They never had to put up tarps like they do for the Tulane games.
Population doesn't have shit to do with it.

New Orleans is a bigger market.. Jacksonville isn't.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
New Orleans is one of the smallest markets in all major sports lol

But hey, I'm not going to debate this with you, you don't have the ability to look at anything logical when it comes to the Jags.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Yes.. It was Valued at like 800 mill or some shit, but the Jaguars arent some powerhouse team like the Cowboys or Etc.. Still kinda New and never really did anything.

New Orleans is one of the smallest markets in all major sports lol

But hey, I'm not going to debate this with you, you don't have the ability to look at anything logical when it comes to the Jags.
I dont? Look above.

I'm not some super Jaguars homer. I've been banned on multiple Jaguar forums for being the "doom and gloom" poster. Don't try me with this shit.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dude, you don't think the tarps are a sign of failure. You think Blaine Gabbert will actually be worth a damn. You think the Jags are actually going to sign some big names and I'd expect you also think they will contend for the playoffs this year.

All of that is a joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%