Same Gabbert as Before

TTN2810

Reaction score
ESPN
The Jacksonville Jaguars have made it pretty clear that they've gone all-in with theBlaine Gabbert experience. Unfortunately, Year 2 is not off to a great start after Year 1 was fraught with misery.

According to Vito Stellino of the Florida Times-Union, Gabbert was 1-of-12 on his last dozen throws at practice Monday morning. We can -- and will -- continue to discuss the impact of not having Maurice Jones-Drew around, but that's only one possible target not on the field.

Waiting in the wings is Chad Henne, who did not pan out with the Miami Dolphins, but who at one time was foreseen as a solid NFL starter. To this point, the Jags haven't seemed too open to inserting the Michigan product over Gabbert. We'll see if that changes.

If he can't improve, the Jags should just give up on him, seeing as how with the rookie pay scale, not too too much money is invested in him. With possible draftees being Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, and Logan Thomas, along with others, there's a lot of QB talent to choose from in the draft, and they should have a high pick.

WJF7

Reaction score
This was one bad practice, just goes to show you how stupid it was to get all pissy over this one thing. He has looked night and day better, he isn't ducking and creating sacks himself so far, he's standing strong in the pocket.

TTN2810

Reaction score
You call me pissy when I posted ESPN's opinion (it wasn't my opinion, I hadn't seen him play in camp), which you say was based on "one bad practice", and you're basing that you think he's looked "night and day better" based on one preseason game where he played what, 3 drives? In one of which he fumbled! Give me a break man. You basically just did the opposite of what you're complaining about.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ttitan, read the situation better..he wasnt taking any shots at you.

NCSportsfan21

Reaction score
Jags will have their franchise QB when they get Matt Barkley/Tyler Bray no 1 next year.

NCSportsfan21

Reaction score
I know its' practice, but if you review Gabbert last year he was just awful. I know he didn't have much help (although MJD is about as amazing a weapon you could ask for block/catch/run RB) but he, himself just looked bad. Out of sync with his WRs, sailing passes over heads, bad footwork, sloppy spirals, he looked lost on the field. He has a strong arm, but he was never an accurate, tight passer and it looks like he won't improve any time soon. The only shot he had was sitting behind a good QB holding a clipboard and he didn't even get the opportunity.

I wish Blaine would pull it together, because I liked the kid and always pull for an underdog, but so far I've seen nothing that can convince me he can be an NFL QB.

Ricky

Reaction score
I usually don't like to make a big deal about practice but damn. Probably by half way into the season we'll see Henne become the starter which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Shaka

Reaction score
I know its' practice, but if you review Gabbert last year he was just awful. I know he didn't have much help (although MJD is about as amazing a weapon you could ask for block/catch/run RB) but he, himself just looked bad. Out of sync with his WRs, sailing passes over heads, bad footwork, sloppy spirals, he looked lost on the field. He has a strong arm, but he was never an accurate, tight passer and it looks like he won't improve any time soon. The only shot he had was sitting behind a good QB holding a clipboard and he didn't even get the opportunity.

I wish Blaine would pull it together, because I liked the kid and always pull for an underdog, but so far I've seen nothing that can convince me he can be an NFL QB.
This.

For as much as the media talks so much junk about Tim Tebow, Blaine Gabbert looked worse last season. He looked absolutely dreadful. His accuracy was horrendous, his footwork was like a 14 year olds, he couldn't learn the offense and then the big one...

When pressured, he would not stand still.

I'm not talking he tried to run. I'm talking he would duck, he would lean, he would throw a pass while ducking his head away from the defender - scared.

Gabbert looks like a Quarterback that, if he'll ever play in this league, that time won't be any time soon.

mutigers28

Reaction score
Well he did look pretty good again yesterday. Hopefully he can perform this season and not lose the job.

Even in college he didn't look like a great QB at times and made those same mistakes, but he also had a ton of good games and used the many weapons he had at Mizzou (hence the first-round pick, although even I think that JAC may have taken him too early), and I watched just about every game he played.

Shaka

Reaction score
I will have to see him with my own eyes to believe he's deserving of a roster position.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I just hope this isn't the Colt McCoy syndrome. Remember how good he was last preseason?
I was a Gabbert supporter coming out, so I really hope he pans out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%