S-Jax wants to team up with D12, D-Will in Brooklyn?

VC15

Reaction score
By Stefan Bondy / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Sunday, February 19, 2012, 10:25 PM
Updated: Monday, February 20, 2012, 2:56 AM

Stephen Jackson wants out of Milwaukee and into Brooklyn with Deron Williams. Williams also wants to team up with Jackson, and together they’re the dream teammates for Dwight Howard.

Speaking separately with the Daily News, Williams and Jackson gushed over each other’s basketball skills — and Jackson, 33, acknowledged his desire to play with his buddies in Brooklyn.

“(Howard and Williams) is a championship contending team right there,” Jackson said after playing just eight minutes in Milwaukee’s 92-85 victory over the Nets Sunday night at the Rock in Newark. “Of course I’d want to play on that team.

“No disrespect to the guys (on the Bucks), but I’m at the stage of my career where I want to be in a different situation.”

Howard is reportedly keen on playing with Jackson, and the center’s decision as a free agent come summer might be swayed by the location of the small forward. Jackson is upset about his diminished role and the direction of the Bucks, but understands his future is out of his control because he has one year and $10 million remaining on his contract after this season.

Jackson said it isn’t so much the allure of Brooklyn, just the opportunity to team up with two All-Stars. But the Texas product said he doesn’t want to play in Dallas — the other team in the running for both Williams and Howard — because
“I’m from the other side of Texas (far from Dallas). I don’t want to play there.”

The Nets are more desirous.

“I was just joking with the ball boys before the game about having my jersey,” said Jackson, who has also said he’d love a trade to Orlando.

Williams said he tried to recruit Jackson when he played with the Jazz. He clearly feels Jackson’s abilities haven’t diminished.

“We needed somebody with toughness, being able to guard multiple positions. It didn’t work out (in Utah),” Williams said. “I like his game. He’s very versatile. He’s the type of guy that’s 6-8, and he’s guarding the point guard. He has a lot of toughness. I know a lot of people that knows him. I’m good friends with Baron Davis, who says (Jackson) was a great teammate. So he was just one of the guys I always wanted to play with.”

Jackson’s only real chance to team up with max contracts like Howard and Williams is either in free agency or if the Bucks exercise their amnesty clause on him in the offseason.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/brook-lopez-returns-injury-t-bring-nj-nets-victory-milwaukee-bucks-ersan-ilyasova-dominates-article-1.1025494#ixzz1mwHUyFDi

Way to be subtle about it, S-Jax.

Asian Mamba Attack

Reaction score
I don't think know if it was just me, but I didn't look at the sub-forum name so I thought you meant S-Jax from the Rams. The name could of been anything with the initials you used, LOL. I got my hopes too, I wanted to see S-Jax leave from the Rams.

VC15

Reaction score
Yeah, I could see the ambiguity in the way I posted it. Sorry to get you excited for nothing.

East

Legends Live Forever
Reaction score
Just a guy tryin to get his name on tv

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yall are all trippin lol

On the right team Captian Jack is the IDEAL 3rd/4th option. He can score, plays defense.

And with D12 and Dwill that qualifies the Nets as "the right team"

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He would probably say all the right things, but after a while would get tired of not being the first or second option.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
youre crazy if you truly believe his ego would get in the way on a team with those two. hed fit great. some people cant let go of the past.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
despite being a Knicks fan, I really hope this works out somehow. D12, SJax and DWill together would be great. I know I'm a Knicks fan but I honestly do wanna see the Nets do well. In a perfect world the Giants, Jets, Bills, Rangers, Islanders, Sabres, Devils, Yankees, Mets, Knicks and Nets (my preferred teams in bold) would all be doing well. So I really do hope this plan comes together for the Nets. I wanna see the Knicks and Nets both in the playoffs for years to come.

RManske2

Reaction score
Hate to bust S-Jax's bubble but I think his wish has went up in flames. However, the guy seems to be lucky in that he goes from the Bucks, to the Warriors, and finds himself back on the Spurs so he'll get to the playoffs (which he will take credit for and want a contract extension, ha ha...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%