Rusney

anfield

Reaction score
Yesterday, Sox Manager John Farrell announced that Brock Holt will platoon in left field with Chris Young. With Mookie Betts and Jackie Bradley, Jr. also expected to get playing time, where do you think that leaves Castillo?

Is he too expensive to leave on the bench or send to Pawtucket?

Is there a market out there for him?

Castillo has just 10 hits in 49ABs this Spring.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
I think we see him benched or opening the year in AAA, kinda hoping we could deal him to a place like the Angels for Street or Smith, but that is unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
At this point we're better off putting Hanley back in LF and having Holt play 1B.

I'm sure I'll be called out for this statement, but it is what it is.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Castillo needs a change in scenery. I'm really feeling the Red Sox finding a way to send Pablo and Rusney to San Diego. There's ongoing discussions regarding Shields, so it makes too much sense. The Red Sox will get stuck eating a lot of salary in such trade, thus there isn't much to lose for San Diego. Hunch tells me Pablo and Rusney perform much better in the NL and on the West Coast.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Pharoah said:
Castillo needs a change in scenery. I'm really feeling the Red Sox finding a way to send Pablo and Rusney to San Diego. There's ongoing discussions regarding Shields, so it makes too much sense. The Red Sox will get stuck eating a lot of salary in such trade, thus there isn't much to lose for San Diego. Hunch tells me Pablo and Rusney perform much better in the NL and on the West Coast.
If we did that they'd make us take Kemp, no thanks. Rusney is very expensive as well.
PWNdroia said:
At this point we're better off putting Hanley back in LF and having Holt play 1B.

I'm sure I'll be called out for this statement, but it is what it is.
Just reverse what you said. Hanley has been fine at 1B, keep the platoon of Young and Holt in LF.

PWNdroia

Banned
Reaction score
Allen said:
If we did that they'd make us take Kemp, no thanks. Rusney is very expensive as well.

Just reverse what you said. Hanley has been fine at 1B, keep the platoon of Young and Holt in LF.

Either way is fine with me. I'm just not sure Holt will be any better in the outfield than Hanley, but Hanley seems to have more confidence in the infield, so I guess it's right to keep him there.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
PWNdroia said:
Either way is fine with me. I'm just not sure Holt will be any better in the outfield than Hanley, but Hanley seems to have more confidence in the infield, so I guess it's right to keep him there.
It's been kinda announced that's what we're doing. I am not sure what the hell is going to happen with Rusney at this point.

Hopesfail

Reaction score
Send him to the Dodgers, he will blend in nicely with all of the other Cubans.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Hopesfail said:
Send him to the Dodgers, he will blend in nicely with all of the other Cubans.
Deal! For Yimi please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%