Royce White Refuses D-League Assignment

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Royce White was sent to the Houston Rockets' D-League affiliate on Saturday, but he released a statement Sunday refusing to accept the assignment.

White also made it clear once again that he is not pleased with the Rockets' support and management of his medical disorder.

"The information that the Houston Rockets have publicly presented about this situation has been extremely misleading and a lot of times totally inaccurate," White said in a statement. "An image of support has been presented by the Rockets, but the only logical support here would be listening to the recommendation of the medical professionals involved. That has not totally happened here. I have chosen to not play, because the doctors and I believe it to be unsafe for unqualified Rockets front office personnel to make medical decisions, as they are not mental health professionals.”

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
What a fucking vagina

Fuck this guy, hope he quits basketball and lives in a box for the rest of his life

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this dude is done after this contract. they should just cut him now and say grow up.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
If what he says is true, that medical professionals have advised him not to play, then I'm fine with this. Houston should do what it said it would for him and he'll start cooperating. It really isn't that difficult, here. Support the kid and he'll start toeing the line.

But if he's full of shit, well then I want him to just sit out and get his mental health figured out, because there is clearly something wrong, here.

I'd love to join you guys because I really think you are right, but until I know more about the situation I'd rather not side with either party. More details, please!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the dude is always going to find doctors to tell him not to play. fact is hes playing a sport that many die to play and hes being paid a lot to do so and, well, hes not playing or even allowing the team to move on.

cut ties at this point.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
the dude is always going to find doctors to tell him not to play. fact is hes playing a sport that many die to play and hes being paid a lot to do so and, well, hes not playing or even allowing the team to move on.

cut ties at this point.
He is way too talented to give up on so early. That's the problem.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Cutting him would just force the Rockets to pay him and then he'd sign with another team and get paid by them too

I'd do anything I could to fuck this guy over if I was the Rockets

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I just want them offer him playing time. He's a star waiting to happen, I think.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
no hes not. hes a depressed diva. the rockets need to be finding a way to get out of his contract.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's a jack of all trades master of none, and all the things he looked great at in college or summer league won't come as easily because the competition level is so much higher.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Rockets have "no intention" of releasing Royce White, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
Houston is in it for the long haul with White, who said on Sunday that the team has made "unsafe" decisions. White doesn't feel he's getting the proper care from the team, and for now, the stalemate between the two sides will continue with no end in sight.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think he will ever play a minute in the NBA.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
He's a jack of all trades master of none, and all the things he looked great at in college or summer league won't come as easily because the competition level is so much higher.
Not sure about that. His biggest attribute is his basketball IQ. This team just needs to get him on the floor. Take care of his wishes in regard to his mental health care and then activate him. Play him.

They need to meet half way. Do what he asks but also give him incentive to do his part, too.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he asks for too much tho

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not sure about that. His biggest attribute is his basketball IQ. This team just needs to get him on the floor. Take care of his wishes in regard to his mental health care and then activate him. Play him.

They need to meet half way. Do what he asks but also give him incentive to do his part, too.
What makes him have a high basketball IQ? He had a 23.4% turnover rate last season at Iowa State which is out of this world bad.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
he asks for too much tho
I don't know about that. He's asking them to take mental health issues seriously, which is something most of our society fails to do. Especially employers.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know about that. He's asking them to take mental health issues seriously, which is something most of our society fails to do. Especially employers.
Yup. I have the same issues Royce does and I have to constantly lie to my employers about why I can only work at certain times on certain days.

The whole "he's getting paid to play a game" is fucking bullshit. When has he ever asked for more money? When has money ever lessened someone anxiety, unless money was the root of that anxiety (and in this case, it's not)?

Give him some fucking playing time. That's what he wants. He obviously did fine with the pressures at Iowa State, shit, he even flew to road games. Let the man fucking play and I guarantee you we'll see his attitude change like day and night.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
in an interview on Sirius XM radio, Royce White admitted there is a chance he may never play in the NBA.

"This is about who — in general — has executive authority in medical situations…" White said during the interview with Justin Termine and former NBA player Mateen Cleaves. "Right now a GM does not have to listen to the medical advice of even his own doctors." Right now, it doesn't look like he'll contribute on the floor this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%