RIP Kobe Bryant

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Confirmed dead in a helicopter crash. God dammit. Gone too soon.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
at a loss for words

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Truly gone too soon

Daughter was with him too :(

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rip to the legend. Sad to see him gone

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say... just an unimaginable tragedy.

He was getting into the HOF this year too. I bet there won't be a dry eye to be found on that day.

catman

Reaction score
He was referenced in the magazine section of our local Sunday paper today. How ironic........and sad. He was most definitely a great player and will be missed.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Started watching Kobe was I was 10 years old. Year 2000

I was a diehard laker fan, as some of you know

Kobe brought me so much joy time and time again. Tough 3s, game winners, etc. whenever the game was close i knew we were going to win. Never a doubt in my mind because that man was on my team

This doesnt feel real. He wasn't supposed to die. Kobe was a super hero. Larger than life. This really hurts and especially because his daughter went with him. To see a mother and her children lose a father, husband, daughter and sister is truly heartbreaking. Cherish your loved ones

Love you Kobe and Gigi, and also best wishes to the families of the other 7 people who died

Thank you Kobe

Last edited:

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Had a night's sleep now in, and I'm still devastated. It's the most heartbreak I've felt over a celebrity's death. We've had some shocking deaths but I've never felt that emotional over actors, musicians etc. And I've never even really been a Kobe fan.

It's just the fact that I've started to follow the NBA in the mid 2000's and ever since this man has been a constant in my life. Not actively, but he was always there. He represented the game of basketball.
Even if I never cared for him or his teams on a rooting level. It's Kobe. Everybody still loved Kobe, even if you hated him.

The toughest part is just the timing. He had so much going on in his life. After 20 years of playing he was finally a full time father. He'd have for sure coached Gianna to the pros.
Truly heartbreaking.

Last edited:

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
^that's just it. This is without a doubt the toughest celebrity death for me, as well. He was completely transcendant. You either appreciated his combination of talent and work ethic or you didn't like basketball.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
we will never see anyone else like kobe. on and off the court. the guy was the exact definition of a human being. we learn from our mistakes, grow, and move on. we're always supposed to be learning and growing - even in our later years, and kobe was and would have continued to do that in front of all of our eyes in some way shape or form. his impact will forever be left on the world and most importantly his family he and his daughter had to leave behind.

thank you kobe.

hug your loved ones folks. life can happen way too fast. i cant even begin to imagine what his wife and daughters are going through but i hope it was all fast and no one had to suffer after that.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great at whatever they want to do."

It was very tough for me to wake up this morning. I heard the news that my childhood idol died while coaching AAU basketball. I was at a loss for words. I really though this was a hoax story at first. Our childhood idols do not die tragically like this.

As a kid, I grew up a Lakers fan because my mom was. It was tough being a purple and gold fan in a sea of green in New England. I saw him play for the first time when I was 9 years old on the television. He was an incredible athlete with a swagger like Jordan. Kobe and Shaq eventually won three titles in a row, driving an undeniable love for the game of basketball in me.

My first basketball game was a Lakers vs Celtics game March 20th, 2006. Kobe was on a tear that year with his 81 point game, 60 point game in 3 quarters vs the Mavs. The game was chose by our band teacher for me to see Kobe play. He was incredible putting up 43 points in the TD garden. I was at awe. He dropped 43 points that night. Unbelievable, to see in person. He moves with ease and he looked like Jordan.

I wouldn't see Kobe play in person again for another 10 years. My grandfather bought me Celtic tickets to see him at the TD Garden. Unfortunately, we never got there because I went off the road due to icy conditions. That didn't stop me from watching the man, the myth, the legend play.

I flew to Los Angeles to see him play in the Staples, my heart racing as I began to be a feel like a child again. The game was versus the Timberwolves Feb. 2, 2016 and its been a quiet streak for Kobe. I spent $1000 dollars for a 4 day trip, $256 for lodge seating near the court. I got to see my idol play in his retirement season. I gave up my savings account for graduate school for this. Kobe cooked, the air became electric, he pulls up a go ahead bucket over Andrew Wiggins, the crowd goes insane. MVP chants fill the air as he knocks down free throws to close the game.

I leave not sure what I had witness. I saw a man turn back the wheels of time and play like it was 2006 again. 38 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists. It was insane, incredible, a truly amazing emotion I felt. My phone was going crazy with messages saying "I can't believe you witness that game."

As the season phased out, I stopped watching NBA basketball when Mamba left but kept an eye on what he was doing for projects. Always hoping he would come back like Jordan did. I can tell you I was excited to begin following his daughter Gigi's career and was hoping to see her be the next best thing in the NBA.

This is incredibly sad and depressing. It is very hard for me to still process a guy who transcended basketball be gone too early. A guy I looked up too and he never met me. I learned what the grind meant by watching him play. We will never see an athlete with his mentality and how he approached the game of basketball and that same approach heading into his business ventures.

I learned that we need to hug the ones you love, tell them they mean the world, preach good positive energy to everyone. Life is short guys because I can't believe this has happened.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
One of the saddest days of my life.

I'm obviously fortunate enough to say something like that, not having dealt with much loss in my life. The day this man died truly left me empty for a period of time afterwards.

RIP Kob.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%