RG3 Prefers To Be Compared To Elite QBs; Rather Newton

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oct 31, 2012 10:40 PM EST

Robert Griffin III and the Washington Redskins will face Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

Griffin has sometimes been compared to Newton, who is a mobile quarterback in his second NFL season.

"I’d rather be compared to an Aaron Rodgers or a guy like that," said Griffin when asked about the Newton comparisons. "Someone who has won Super Bowls."

Sabbath

Reaction score
How does he expect to be compared to someone who has won superbowls?

I'll give him his due

RGIII= Trent Dilfer

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think he expects it, he said he prefers to be compared to Super Bowl quarterbacks.

So do I, for that matter.

Sabbath

Reaction score
I don't think he expects it, he said he prefers to be compared to Super Bowl quarterbacks.

So do I, for that matter.
True, true

but he is going to get compared to Vick, Newton, Vince Young for his speed. Newton's got as good as arm maybe better but he's nowhere near as fast as Griffin.

My comparison: Kordell Stewart

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Or you just don't make comparisons when there isn't a good one out there, which is the case with RG3.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RG3 and Newton might be different when you break it down, but they are both still Heisman winning, mobile quarterbacks that were drafted highly the last two years, so obviously they are going to be compared, doesn't matter if they are white or black.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
They both "came out of nowhere" as well. Cam wasn't in the spotlight until like 4 or 5 weeks into his only year at Auburn and RG3 wasn't until his last season at Baylor.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cam Newton was a highly regarded HS prospect, Griffin was not.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Griffin was putting up incredible numbers as a true frosh in 2008, he hardly came out of nowhere. The hype did, but the talent didn't.

Sportsguy9695

Reaction score
I think RGIII should be worried about getting more superbowl rings before he is worrying who he is getting compared to

Maestro

FATBACK
Reaction score
I would like to see RGIII worry about getting more wins than anything else. I think that he is saying he would like to be compared to a superbowl QB and not Cam Newton who is in a sophomore-ish slump. Cam is not a bad QB but RGIII is having one of the better rookie campaigns since Peyton Manning. His QB rating, completion %age and TD to INT ratio is higher than Manning was in his rookie season.

I dont think that RGIII is going to be a Kordell Stewart or God forbid Trent Dilfer. Give him a defense that is not squandering leads and big plays with a guy named Hall NOT on it, then we'll see how well the Skins fair.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Peyton Manning was awful his rookie year, a lot of QBs were better than Peyton as rookies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Rg3 being compared to elite guys is not a comparison that bodes well for him....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%