Reaction score

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
NFC South is now the toughest division imo

Atlanta will be stacked, possible Dee Milliner trade up to #6 ovr

NOLA will be better w/Payton back. Plus 3-4 is a better fit imo for them

Killa Cam will probably get some WR talent in the 1st or 2nd round; they will be strong

A secondary of Revis-Wright-Goldson-Barron is a nightmare for an offense. SEAv2. Expect some offensive weapons in the 2nd as well

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
I still think Tampa is stupid for this. I think they are blowing a ton on cap space for ONE player when they are a few pieces away from a contending team, IMO. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I like this for Tampa, I hate this for the Jets. They have so many areas to fix, but to me getting these picks won't solve any of it. Revis for a 1st and either a 4th or a 3rd depending on some condition or w/e. He should be worth more in my opinion. 

I really don't like this trade for the Jets. Didn't want to give Revis the money but they gave out money to virtually everyone else of much less value on that team. It's mind blowing stuff.

Unfortunately this was inevitable, considering how poorly the Jets handled the situation during the off-season and basically tried to alienate Revis. The trade had to be done on their part, but they could have and should have handled this completely different from day 1. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Only bright side for Jets fans

If Revis pulls a Nnamdi and goes to shit, the Jets won out

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Correct, 0 guaranteed. They can cut him in a year if he sucks. 

They got a steal. 

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not so sure it's a good thing.

Where did Tampa get the leverage against Revis' camp to get a deal with no guaranteed money?  Why did they get that leverage?  There could be something with the surgery, or the rehab, why would he be the guy to take ALL of the risk?  It's just not how things work in the NFL, everyone gets guaranteed money.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It was Revis's side that negotiated the $0 guaranteed

If he went out, signed this $96M contract, he would have normally gotten at the MINIMUM $30M guaranteed. And the press would be ALL OVER the Bucs, asking how foolish that they give up #13, a 2014 3rd-4th, and all of that money for a guy who didn't play last year. There would be way too many distractions, and nobody wants that, unless you are Rex Ryan.

Revis feels comfortable that he is still the #1 CB and will play like one for 6 years. He believes he will earn all $96M. No need for a guarantee when you believe you will earn it regardless

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and if a freak accident happens they cut him and hes done. still smart on BOTH parts; revis and the bucs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%