Revis is a Buc

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And revis's deal with the bucs has no guaranteed money so they could cut him like that if shit doesnt work out.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats a pretty snazzy trade then

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Darrelle Revis' six-year, $96 million deal is a new deal, not an extension. So it runs through 2018

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Bucs really ripped the Jets on this one. 

That 13th overall pick was going to be a corner anyway, so basically they traded next years third round pick for the best corner in football. Great thing is, if he doesn't work out after four years, he's gone with no cap hit in the future.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They basically did not do that. If he isn't close to the same player he was before the injury, they wasted a valuable asset, a first round pick.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
elcheato said:
They basically did not do that. If he isn't close to the same player he was before the injury, they wasted a valuable asset, a first round pick.

Please, tell me the last corner the Bucs drafted that wasn't a complete flop? No one in this years draft will be better than Revis. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Aqib Talib is pretty damn good if you ask me. Definitely not a flop

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That logic is so flawed. You could have traded the first rounder for someone less risky, and who gives a shit about past drafting experience? Should the Raiders trade their first round picks every year because Al Davis didn't know how to draft?

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
elcheato said:
That logic is so flawed. You could have traded the first rounder for someone less risky, and who gives a shit about past drafting experience? Should the Raiders trade their first round picks every year because Al Davis didn't know how to draft?

You actually think any of the DBs taken so far will be better than Revis? That's hysterical.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
Aqib Talib is pretty damn good if you ask me. Definitely not a flop

Is this serious..? 

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Just for shits and giggles.

Talib -- a first round pick by the Buccaneers -- is one of the worst starting corners in the NFL. 

EJ Biggers, a seventh round pick on the worst pass defense in NFL history was rated higher than Talib. 

Revis, in just 93 snaps, recorded a higher position score than Talib. So Cheato, you're wrong. Quit trolling. 

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Blake said:
You actually think any of the DBs taken so far will be better than Revis? That's hysterical.
Who knows? He's coming off an ACL injury, and at his position he has to be able to stop on a dime, make sharp cuts, and reach top speed rather quickly. No one knows how good he'll be.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
lol blake

if it were all about stats for CBs, your Bucs wouldn't have traded a 1st+3rd+$96/6 for Revis, because his "stats" aren't the best for corners.

It's about on the field, how you perform. Talib's presence on the field made our defense significantly better last year. NE was rated as the 12th best defense last season with Talib on roster. When he got injured in the AFC Championship Game, it was a huge swing. Flacco couldn't complete a pass before that, and he went nuts afterwords. Talib is a very good CB; not the best at all, but he's not the worst starter, at all.

And FWIW, Hayden, Rhodes, Poyer, Taylor might be better than Revis this year. Because they are healthier (maybe not Hayden, but still). Revis hasn't practiced since his early season injury

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Talib was moved because of behavior issues. He was the best corner on that team in 2011. 

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
lol blake

if it were all about stats for CBs, your Bucs wouldn't have traded a 1st+3rd+$96/6 for Revis, because his "stats" aren't the best for corners.

It's about on the field, how you perform. Talib's presence on the field made our defense significantly better last year. NE was rated as the 12th best defense last season with Talib on roster. When he got injured in the AFC Championship Game, it was a huge swing. Flacco couldn't complete a pass before that, and he went nuts afterwords. Talib is a very good CB; not the best at all, but he's not the worst starter, at all.

And FWIW, Hayden, Rhodes, Poyer, Taylor might be better than Revis this year. Because they are healthier (maybe not Hayden, but still). Revis hasn't practiced since his early season injury
Dont forget Trufant 

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I love it for the Bucs.. Revis was the best CB in the NFL before injury and I'm assuming he'll still be pretty damn good coming back from injury. It was well worth it, they wouldn't have gotten anyone close to his potential with that first pick they gave up.. They were terrible last year defending the pass, one of the best in rushing defense. Now, what was their weakness is now suddenly a strength assuming these guys play up to their potential & stay healthy. I love the Bucs team, with what they've done the last two years. It's all up to Freeman at this point, who they seem to be questionable on. I like Freeman, I think he'll be fine. Just needs to find some consistency. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%