Report: Tracy McGrady interested in Pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.

.dk92

AMAZING
Reaction score
Report: Tracy McGrady interested in Pistons

The Pistons say they're not interested in trading for Tracy McGrady. But McGrady told ESPN he would be interested in joining the Pistons.
Advertisement

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith reported on ESPN late Tuesday night that he spoke with McGrady and that McGrady wouldn't mind a trade to Detroit.

Said Smith: "It's certainly not a done deal by any stretch of the imagination. It's not as if Houston and Detroit has even talked yet. But is Detroit interested? Definitely.

"Is Tracy McGrady interested? Yes he is. I spoke to Tracy McGrady earlier. His basic thing is he's very happy in Houston but he wants to win. So whatever is a winning situation for him is something he is more than willing to entertain."

Smith said McGrady "has all the faith in the world" in Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars, but "if nothing happens he's not going to sneeze at remaining in Houston with Yao Ming either."

A team source told the Free Press this week that the Pistons are not “remotely” close to a deal for Houston Rockets superstar Tracy McGrady.

Metronews.ca, which is based in Toronto, said in an Internet report — but cited no sources — that the Pistons are "making a big push for McGrady."

The Pistons source downplayed the report, saying the Rockets are just one of many teams to whom the club has spoken about potential trades.

McGrady, a 6-foot-8 forward with 11 seasons under his belt, spent his first three seasons in Toronto. He averaged 21.6 points, 5.1 rebounds and 5.9 assists last season for Houston.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...3/80716006/1048

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd still like to see him here, but If it only involves Billups and someone else and we keep Tay and Rip I think Tay would be 6th man, I really can't see that happeneing.

.dk92

AMAZING
Reaction score
I'd still like to see him here, but If it only involves Billups and someone else and we keep Tay and Rip I think Tay would be 6th man, I really can't see that happeneing.

you would have to give tayshawn or rip.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you would have to give tayshawn or rip.
Atually we'd need to give up a combo, Billups+ Rip or Billups+ Tay or maybe Sheed+ Rip/Tay(but I doubt they want that).

Really I'd rather give up Billups and Rip, put it this way I doubt this trade happens like the other rumors.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This isn't a damn rumor my gosh. It's a proven fact that T-Mac is interested in Detroit. It's there for you in words.

It's not saying "Detroit Plans To Get T-Mac After He Expressed Interest."
Everyone needs to shut the hell up about the Detroit rumors, don't read them if they make you mad.

But anyways I hope Dumars does make a move now that he knows T-Mac is interested in playing here.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rip, we'd have to give up waay to much to get him...

Come one Billups plus Rip or Tay 2 of our starters need to be involved, I'll pass.
Not to mention TMac is injury prone and is a proven loser....

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
T-mac didn't say anything like "I want to play for Detroit".

He was asked in an interview if he would be interested in a trade to Detroit, and he gave the expected answer - he said he wants to win, and will go wherever in order to do that.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
2 starters for a Superstar caliber player isn't a bad deal though..

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maxiell-Rip-Chauncey for T-Mac-Filler?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I want to keep Rip :)
Well we won't and we'd also get ripped off. TMac has all the fame BUT he is NOT the player we need. If we trade 2 starters and a great role player we need 3 players that can fill there rols and our voids.

TMac will NOT help us...

We need to trade Billups and Sheed, for a real C and some depth..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No, the Pistons need a go to player. T-Mac is exactly that...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
0 big deals are in your future.
That's cool? Cause your a NBA GM now.
I'm not trying to be a dick but seriously dude, that's just a waste of a post. Cause neither of us can predict the future, and you have no evidence to say we won't.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Let's get it done baby, T-Mac is my favorite non-Piston. This would be increadible.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Indeed he is. I might have to change my name if this happens :eek:

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
This isn't a damn rumor my gosh. It's a proven fact that T-Mac is interested in Detroit. It's there for you in words.

It's not saying "Detroit Plans To Get T-Mac After He Expressed Interest."
Everyone needs to shut the hell up about the Detroit rumors, don't read them if they make you mad.

But anyways I hope Dumars does make a move now that he knows T-Mac is interested in playing here.
He's not interrested in Detroit, he's interested in winning wherever...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think it's both.

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith reported on ESPN late Tuesday night that he spoke with McGrady and that McGrady wouldn't mind a trade to Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%