Report: Reggie Bush to lose Heisman

Mooche

Reaction score
The Heisman Trophy Trust is expected to strip former USC running back Reggie Bush of his 2005 Heisman Trophy and leave the award vacant, Yahoo Sports reported.

Two sources close to the trust said the organization is completing its investigation and will agree with the NCAA's finding that Bush accepted improper benefits while at USC and was ineligible during the 2005 season, according to the report. The NCAA cited USC for "lack of institutional control" and handed the Trojans four years' probation, a two-year bowl ban and a reduction in athletic scholarships for the football program.

Bush would become the first player in the 75-year history of the Heisman Trophy to have the award taken away.

In July, USC president C.L. Max Nikias ordered the school's athletic department to return its copy of Bush's 2005 Heisman to the Heisman Trophy Trust.

Bush met with Heisman representatives last month at the New York law offices of Emmet, Marvin & Martin, the sources said, according to the report.

The sources declined to discuss the details of that meeting, according to the report.

The woes of USC continue..

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thank you Jonny

Best news I've heard all day

<Censored> USC

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score

i just made the gif, perfect time to use it.
lmao -- no idea what thats from but it was funny.

As for all of this -- idk... part of me thinks they should have just fined him, etc., and that stripping him of the trophy is a bit excessive, but part of me does understand that he should have been ineligible during the 05 season and thus wouldnt have won the trophy.

im kinda split on it right now...

And as for the details of the meeting a month ago, my guess is Reggie got on his knees and begged to let him keep the trophy, saying that his NFL career was a bust and the only thing he has going for him is that trophy.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
All this <Censored> because agents pay for their <Censored>, who gives a <Censored>?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's really dumb to strip the trophy.
I forgot the agents made him a talented player.

I'm not a fan of him or USC, but <Censored> this for real.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So when is the NCAA going to refund buyers of those USC "number 5" jerseys or any of the millions they made off of him

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not the only trophy he lost.

Poor dude.

Mooche

Reaction score
Anybody who hit Kim in their lifetime, has fully lived IMO. Haha.

Anyways, this is getting a bit crazy.. Hiring Lane Kiffin was enough damage to the Trojans. Hah.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Anybody who hit Kim in their lifetime, has fully lived IMO. Haha.

Anyways, this is getting a bit crazy.. Hiring Lane Kiffin was enough damage to the Trojans. Hah.
Heck yeah lol sucks for him tho. This is really embarrassing on his part imo

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's really dumb to strip the trophy.
I forgot the agents made him a talented player.

I'm not a fan of him or USC, but <Censored> this for real.
^

He didn't take steroids or PEDs or anything to enhance his play, so I don't see why he should be stripped of it.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^

He didn't take steroids or PEDs or anything to enhance his play, so I don't see why he should be stripped of it.
Exactly. Only way I could see this as being fair is if he indeed did take steroids or PEDs.

Mooche

Reaction score
Now they are saying they aren't going to take it away, they haven't made that decision.....yet. Who the <Censored> knows anymore. The NCAA is just tossing around their weight in this situation and it is bull.

Let's all forget about that No. 5 guy on USC who ripped apart CFB.. Like c'mon.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Agreed, VY threw for 3K AND rushed for 1000 yards.
Reggie won because he was flashy. But Vince losing the Heisman might of been the best thing for Texas football ever. He played with a chip on his shoulder that National Title game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%