Report: Packers told body of Michael Philbin has been identified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There’s been an update from the story we’ve been following out of Green Bay all day and, unfortunately, it is a sad one.

Jason Wilde of ESPN Wisconsin reported a short time ago that the Packers players have been told that the body of Michael Philbin, son of offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, has been identified. The younger Philbin had been reported missing after last being heard from at 2 a.m. on Sunday and authorities were searching around Oshkosh in hopes of finding him. A body was recovered earlier Monday in Oshkosh.

Our thoughts go out to the Philbin family and the larger Packer family at this time.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow awful story. My prayers go out to the family.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here's another way to look at this story.

"Convicted sex offender dies in river."

Someone may call me heartless, cold, ruthless, and possibly even a BIG MEANIE
Sucks for the parents, but unless he made this miraculous turnaround the world is a better place with him gone.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
terrible tragedy for his family and it comes at a bad time for the Coordinator and the team.

And Nola, I don't really know the specifics about what this guy did. Sometimes people become a "sex offender" by just making a really dumb mistake. Doesn't make them evil people. My cousin almost got into serious shit because he was "sexting" with a girl that was 16 when he was 19. He's an idiot, but it's not like he preys on underage girls. He was lucky his uncle knew the family and they didn't press charges.

My point is just being labeled something doesn't tell the entire truth about the person or the incident.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I believe you can also get on the sex offender list for pissing in public.
At least in Michigan.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He had a house party and raped 2 16 year olds after getting them drunk (while he was 18).

It's possible that isn't exactly how it went down, but that's the police reports from a few different sources..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%