Report: Monta Ellis for Andre Iguodala trade discussed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
semi off-topic, TYO

League sources said the Warriors also have discussed Ellis, among a variety of other players, in trade talks with Atlanta, Chicago, Memphis, Orlando and the Lakers. Executive board member Jerry West said at his opening news conference last month that the Warriors needed to be willing to take risks, and the most obvious gamble would be breaking up the back court of Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/06/08/SP621JQSF0.DTL

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Wonder why Memphis was getting involved, not sure why they'd want Monta

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
monta for gay? monta or oj? monta or conly? i dont see what theyd do.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
The only thing that makes a bit of sense is Monta for OJ, but I don't think either team would want to. Not sure they wanna be paying Rudy, Marc, Zach, and Monta all 10M+ each

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Warriors said they'd need more than Andre for Monta.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There are a few good reasons the Warriors want to move Monta Ellis — the Stephen Curry and Ellis back court has run its course, they need to get bigger and more defensive and Ellis is good trade bait, and…

Maybe Ellis and David Lee do not get along.

Lee is reportedly tight with owner Joe Lacob and then comes this little nugget out of the San Jose Mercury News’ trade rumors breakdown:

Meanwhile, Lee and Ellis are not close pals–one source indicates that Ellis at one point last season informed coach Keith Smart that, if possible, he wanted no part of being around Lee, except on the court.

The Warriors are shopping Ellis around, but with the looming lockout and the unknown of what the new Collective Bargaining Agreement will look like, teams will be more hesitant to pull the trigger on big deals. But it looks more and more like Monta Ellis will wear another uniform next season.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
send him to detroit :D

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
possible trade idea (yeah i knw its from me so it'll prob be dumb and unrealistic, but whatever)

Sixers get: G Mike Conley Jr., F Dorell Wright, G OJ Mayo, G Sam Young, 2011 GS 1st, 2011 MEM 2nd
Grizzlies get: G Monta Ellis, F Andre Iguodala
Warriors get: F Rudy Gay, G Jrue Holliday, 2011 MEM 1st, 2011 PHI 2nd

Why the Warriors do it: They can get a sure fire scorer in Rudy Gay, and get a solid young PG, which allows Curry to play SG, where he is probably better suited to play. They also get a late first and a 2nd rounder.

Why the Grizzlies do it: They went to game 7 of round 2, when most people thought they would have been swept. That was without Gay. They add 2 superstar players in Iguodala and Ellis to their team, and they are very lethal. And while they did give up their starting PG, they can always have Ellis be a "point" guard, while giving someone like Xavier Henry or Tony Allen the start. Or they go out and trade Henry for a PG.

Why the Sixers do it: This team is not built for now, they still have some ways to go. Here, they get the 11th overall pick, a replacement at PG, a very good young player in Wright, who seems to be on the uprise. OJ Mayo has very good value still, if they want to get rid of him. But they have a good young future with Wright, Conley, Turner, and someone like F Tristian Thompson

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that would never ever ever happen.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hmm, Monta in Philly would kinda remind me of the AI days

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Lmao, are they serious?
you have such a bias against Ellis for some reason

Ellis is EASILY a top 5 SG, arguably top 3. Iguodala is overpayed, and isn't that great anymore. Definitely not as good as Ellis

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you have such a bias against Ellis for some reason

Ellis is EASILY a top 5 SG, arguably top 3. Iguodala is overpayed, and isn't that great anymore. Definitely not as good as Ellis
Where have I ever given the impression that I have a bias against Ellis? WTF are you talking about? I'd take Ellis on the Hornets in a SECOND.

But Iggy is the better all around player.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
iggy is the better all around player. but i value iggy more as a three than a two.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
iggy is the better all around player. but i value iggy more as a three than a two.
Me too, but GS thinking they need more than Iggy for Monta, when IGGY is the better player? Give me a break.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I were Golden State, I'd want more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%