Report: Lions won't be bidding on CB Asomugha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooche

Reaction score
Citing a team source, the Detroit Free Press reports that the Lions do not expect to be in the bidding for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha after the lockout.
The source called Asomugha "too expensive" for the Lions, amid reports that he could command upwards of $18-20 million a year. According to the Free Press, Detroit will instead focus its efforts on Antonio Cromartie, Johnathan Joseph, or Ike Taylor "if the price is right." The Lions are expected to be roughly $8 million under the projected 2011 salary cap. They owe big offseason bonuses to Ndamukong Suh, Jahvid Best, and Jeff Backus.
Source: Detroit Free Press
Jul 11, 5:48 PM

Good for the Lions to not try and run after Aso. He's still one hell of a player, and you'll see production out of him for a few years yet but he isn't the piece that the Lions need. They are still a few players away, and ultimately a few years away from making a serious push and locking themselves up with his money he will demand isn't worth it.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea I knew we werent going after him. Too much money for a guy that is over 30 for what are plans are.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wanted it to happen, but figured it wouldn't of happen. No biggie.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
no shocker here. cro wouldnt be too bad.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I think Cro and Santonio come back, Bray-Bray walks

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
I think Cro and Santonio come back, Bray-Bray walks
Nnamdi is going to get near 20 million which is more than Revis.

Jonathan Joesph is going to get near 10-12 million for being next in line.

Then its Ike Taylor and Cro. For around 8-10 million.

The Jets arent going to have that much locked up in the CB position alone.

RandyMoss_Rko

Reaction score
I really think teams should take cro over Nhamdi if there not looking to break the bank when Cro is aggressive he is an awesome player not to mention his tremendous athletic ability. What i would do for either to land on the patriots but thats not happening.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sporting News - The Texans are believed to be ready to pursue free-agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha aggressively when the NFL lockout ends.

However, the Lions, Eagles and Packers are believed to be very interested in the Pro Bowler as well.

0_o

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
If the Lions get Nnamdi, I believe that would put them as a top 5 defense. Maybe Im overreacting, but I can see the Lions dramatically improve with Nnamdi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%