Replacement Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What's your take on this whole situation?
Am I the only one who thinks this is a really big deal?

I'm sure these guys are qualified and all, but if we thought the old NBA refs were bad at times, won't it get even worst now?

I really hope they resolve the lockout issue or what not and get the real refs back.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i have to see a game first

for now, i think there's gonna be a lot of whining

KMart's already setting himself up.

“It will be terrible. I believe guys will get more technicals. But that’s probably what [the NBA is] looking for, more money. There are going to be more ejections. Tempers are going to be even worse. Attitudes are going to be even worse … ‘It’s going to be pretty bad,’ Martin said of NBA games. ‘The replacement refs, there’s no way they’re used to the pace of the game.”‘
translation: when i start mouthing off and getting a tone of T's, it's not my fault

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he is right...

Replacement officials called 73 fouls in Sunday night's preseason game between the Timberwolves and Bucks.

Minnesota won the game 117-103 as they hit 50 of 56 free throws.

"I don't think (the officials) had much to do with it," Bucks coach Scott Skiles told Yahoo! Sports. "A huge percentage of our fouls were legitimate."
73 fouls is just insane.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Skiles didnt complain though
dude always speaks his mind

he said they were legit, i'm going to go ahead and believe him

i wish they televised the clippers preseason games so i could see >.<
they played last night

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Either way 73 fouls is a bit much.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bucks and wolves have a ton of young players who dont wtf they're doing

idk, i have to at least see a game

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I saw the 73 fouls thing, but like Mexi until I see them, I cant really call it.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Yeah, I doubt we'll see 73 fouls in a regular season game. I doubt it's gonna make that much of a difference. At least, it shouldn't. Refs should be replaceable in professional basketball where it's been said a million times that the refs shouldn't effect the outcome of a game.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
In my opinion, the refs in the Pistons game last night weren't too hot either. Especially when they threw out Jerebko for doing nothing at all but being punched in the face by Magloire's <Censored> ass.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Games will definitely be called differently. Just in the Cavs first pre-season game, they called a double lane violation and they had a jump ball at mid court because of it. I don't recall ever seeing it called in a game before.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol double lane violation?

i havent seen one of those since Shaq and Andre Miller were in L.A.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
They threw out Daye last night for doing nothing but getting tangled up with Delfino during a rebound. It won't be too long until Summers is also thrown out. They also called I think it said 19 fouls in the first quarter and 68 in the game. They really need to get the lockout agreed upon.

Reaction score
I went to a Laker preseason game, and it is evident that the replacement refs wiil be a problem this year. They really have a hard time calling the game the way it should be. I for one would much rather let the players decide the game, than some newby refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%