Red Sox May Consider Targeting Reyes

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
With Jed Lowrie injured, the Red Sox may consider targeting Mets shortstop Jose Reyes.

"I think the Reyes-to-Boston talk could increase," writes Tony Lee of NESN.com.

"There are two things on which to keep an eye. One is the severity of the Lowrie injury, of which we should have an update in the coming days. The second item is the play of Marco Scutaro, or more importantly, any signs of wear and tear."

Reyes, who will be a free agent at the end of the season, won't come cheap.
RealGM

I'd probably kill myself if this happened, one of my favorite non-Yankees going to the Red Sox in back-to-back off-seasons would get me so pissed off

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Not happening. The Red Sox liked what they saw from Lowrie, and are IN LOVE with Iglesias to the point where they didnt want him in the Gonzalez deal.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd try to get him.. Lowrie's offensive number's came back down to earth and he isn't any good defensively. Iglesias will never hit in the big leagues.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'd try to get him.. Lowrie's offensive number's came back down to earth and he isn't any good defensively. Iglesias will never hit in the big leagues.
yeah cuz we need help hitting....

and iglesias is far better defensively than reyes

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
My feelings exactly on Lowrie and Iglesias

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
And how would that even work out in a batting order with three leadoff-type guys on one team, all of which too good to bat 9th and then Dustin Pedroia belonging in the 2-hole

1. Reyes/Ellsbury
2. Ellsbury/Reyes
3. Crawford
4. A-Gon
5. Youk
6. Ortiz
7. Pedroia
8. Drew
9. Salty

?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
1. Reyes
2. Pedy
3. Gonzo
4. Ortiz
5. Youk
6. Crawford
7. Drew
8. Salty
9. Ells

or

1. Ells
2. Pedy
3. Gonzo
4. Youk
5. Ortiz
6. Reyes
7. Crawford
8. Drew
9. Salty

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't you think the Mets would want a guy like Ellsbury in the deal? I'm sure the Sox could part with prospects but, after going out to get Gonzo do you think they'd be willing to part with another package of prospects?

Regardless, I think I am against them getting Reyes. I'm okay with Lowrie, when he's back, playing at SS and then having Iglesias play there when he's ready. Having capable hitters at every position is good but the Sox don't need it. I'd take Iglesias' defense any day of the week.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I didn't even think of it as a trade, I just assumed it was about the off-season, but I guess the last sentence of the article is implying that it's via trade.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Man I cant believe I would see the day.... unbelievable.

lakerfan

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What about the long term ramifications of Reyes with the Red Sox? Are they willing to sign him for an extended contract as well, considering he's a soon to be FA?
His price tag might be too high, even for Boston

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
take him TOR

i dont want to kill our farm system for Adrian and Reyes

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Have a bidding war for Reyes!!! lol, man Im gonna be extremely depressed if Reyes leaves.

Barcode

Reaction score
Payroll wise, Drew's deal is coming off the books and Papi is probably playing in his finals season in Boston. He's a Boras client, so I'd expect that he'll go to market, greatly reducing any option for a trade in July.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%