Red Sox-Dodgers Reach Blockbuster

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Wish we had gotten Lee too, but whatever. RDR and Webster are good.

Still dont want to get rid of Gonzo tho
#firecherington

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rubby is a freaking beast
mini-Pedro :(

good luck to Sands too. I hope he plays. he should have been playing over Loney/Rivera, but Mattingly and Colletti suck

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I was thinking him there too but Lavarnway has never played there

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
oh man. thats a HUGE deal lol. dodgers putting in work. if craws comes back strong next season he could actually be a solid player for them but i never thought of him to be the huge FA player many did; his contract is redic.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Los Doyers ain't messing around.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't believe a deal might actually happen. Wow lol.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The dodgers are making it rain damn son lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi, what's DeJesus' deal?
he gets on base at a good clip
broke his leg in 2009, hasn't been the same

he was up this year. I like him. he's a 2B, but was playing 3rd and short this year. 2B is his spot though so he'll be spotty at short and third
he was a good pinch hitter for us this year. should have played more, but because he's not a veteran he sat

i heard there may be something with him and management. he has good numbers to never get a shot. when things got tough this year with injuries, dodgers called up Elian Herrera and Luis Cruz over him

pretty much, he'll be a decent bench player IMO

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Crawford approved it. Beckett approved it according to Jon Heyman
teams exchanged jersey sizes for tomorrow and Adrian will be wearing #23 again

I just hate losing Rubby. I truly feel he could be an ace, but at least a #2. his stuff is great. i dont worry about him in the AL. Compared to Pedro so often. once the east coast sees him, we'll be hearing even more Pedro comps. sigh. just like Kuroda, he will be hyped to no end. but he deserves it as well. I love him

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I guess if Boston could get rid of Crawfords contract, then they're more willing to go through with a trade involving Adrian. Boston does really need to start fresh and build again. They've really died out after these past couple seasons. Not the same threat they used to be, that's for sure.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
The Dodgers are seriously going all out to change their teams perception and the Red Sox fully go into rebuilding the farm system which I think they went away from with all these big contract signings like Dice-K,Lackey,Crawford, and Adrian. Although Adrian I think was well worth it. I wonder if Dustin Pedroia would be available anytime soon, I would love to have a guy like that on my team. But I think the Red Sox will keep him since he was brought up by the team.

Dodgers make significant improvement to their team. I like Agons deal, Crawfords will be interesting to see, and Beckett only has 2 years left so thats not bad at all. And going from the AL East to the NL West will be great for him.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
imagine if crawford gets back to form :eek:

he's been hurt

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Dodgers only took on Crawford to get Adrian. They have Kemp, Eithier, and Victorino lol, they dont need a $20M backup OF

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I HATE losing Gonzalez. He's gonna rake in LA but this seemed like a move that needed to be made. I like the haul they got, considering, and I'm hoping they can play a part in the "rebirth" of this team.

So long as we don't go spending the money frivolously

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dodgers only took on Crawford to get Adrian. They have Kemp, Eithier, and Victorino lol, they dont need a $20M backup OF
Victorino's a free agent
i just meant what if he hits again. all of a sudden our offense would be sick for the first time ever lol

NCSportsfan21

Reaction score
Adrian’s swing will do very well in LA.

Hopefully the Red Sox return to building the farm which got them the dominant team of 2007-2009.

Would really like to see them sign McCarthy in the offseason though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%