Record or Rest?

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Golden State has to win out in order to set the NBA's all-time record for wins in a season. With other playoff teams resting up their personnel, is it worth it? Is a regular season record worth potentially putting a championship run in jeopardy?

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Resting players is lame, go for the record!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
The Spurs better go for the 41-0 home record. Warriors will probably get 72

semperty

Reaction score
3 games of rest won't make a difference in the postseason. You've gone this long for the record, you can't quit now.

Also, doesn't Curry only play like 30 minutes a game? I feel like people are way overhyping how many miles are on some of these guys' legs for the season.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Wow didn't even realize the Warriors lost last night lol

I've been all baseball past few days. Once the 2nd round of the playoffs start, I start to care

The Wolf

Reaction score
Logistically, they should rest. Golden State appears to be worn down. The record means nothing if you don't have enough gas to finish the job in the post season, and if they do push for the record, the probability increases the Warriors may not be able to make it through the grueling West, depending on match-ups. Breaking the wins record shouldn't be their goal, it should be first and foremost to win their second straight NBA Championship. If going for the record decreases their chances, then I believe they shouldn't go for it. People remember world champions, not regular season record breakers.

but whether or not I or any of us believe they should or should not go for the record is irrelevant, because the Warriors are going to go for the record.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
They're not going to get the record regardless. SA is going to win tonight at home to go 41-0. They might as well rest their main guys in the finale against Memphis because it's not going to matter.

BNC

Reaction score
One thing that's getting overlooked in the Warriors chase for 73 that makes it even more impressive is that they're a west coast team whereas the Bulls are more in the middle of the country. So much more travel for the Warriors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%