Recent Posts Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Im not 100% familiar with what Modifications are available for IP Boards, but I've been on numerous sites over the last year that are powered by VBulletin and they have a feature at the bottom of the index page. Called Recent Posts. It shows the recent topics that have been posted in. Shows like 10 or 15 of 'em. Its great.

I bring this up because of people suddenly complaining about having to look through division forums. If you have this at the bottom, place looks nicer, and the "sifting through divisions" problem is gone.

Simply put, you need things that make people want to stay here. things that tickle their fingers and get them all excited about posting at a place.

EDIT: And yes I know there's a "Active Topics" link at the bottom but if people are too lazy to look through divisions they're probably not going to click that link either.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the "view new content", at the top right hand corner, does the same thing

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"View New Content" in the top right.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
yes. like I said in my post. I know thats there but if people are too lazy to look through division forums they probably don't look at that either .my point is if those 'recent posts' appear at the bottom it's more enticing.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think most people here use the new content button. It's very convenient and more organized.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
okay sounds fine to me. I use it too. Just figured I'd bring up an idea due to the recent post here about the division forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%