Rasheed May Hang The Shoes Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Celtics coach Doc Rivers revealed after the team's loss in Game 7 of the NBA Finals that Rasheed Wallace may call it a career.

Wallace played through back pain in the final game as Boston was without starting center Kendrick Perkins, who tore two ligaments in his knee in Game 6.

"You know, I don't know if Rasheed will ever play again," Rivers said. "I think he took that out on the floor with him. I think he is thinking about retiring, and I thought you could see that in his play. He was dying out there. When he got the cramps and the strains, he was just trying to figure out a way of staying on the floor."

Via Boston Herald

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he will play out his contact in Boston.
At least I hope so, I don't wanna see him walk away yet.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sheed can't leave yet. Gotta love him.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
I knew this was gonna happen :(

He played with so much pain during Game 7 because hes not built to start like he did with the Pistons anymore. Thats why Perkins injury was so devastating to the Celtics at the end of the series.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IT'll be interesting to see his decision. Especially how much that decision impacts the Celtics.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I hope Sheed doesn't retire. I love him. But I guess his back is becoming a big problem for him.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've been saying this for a few years now:

When Rasheed retires, i'm going to be very very sad. I may even shed a tear lol
Love Sheed

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I probably will shed a legit tear.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I loved the old Pistons team. Rasheed, Big Ben, Chauncey, Rip, Prince. And all in their prime.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I loved the old Pistons team. Rasheed, Big Ben, Chauncey, Rip, Prince. And all in their prime.
Amen to that. Dumars straight ###### that team up.
Could of been contenders for a few more seasons if he wouldn't of paid Ben the money he deserved. As well as letting Larry Brown walk. TBH, I think this very year could of been our last year of contention with that team if we would of kept it together.

Makes me dislike Dumars even more.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
^i loved that team too

i even got a Ben jersey the day before the Finals started as a 8th grade grad gift
wanted one for a while

when i saw they made the Finals, i was like, damn
they swept the Lakers (5 game sweep) and i wasnt crushed like i should have been.
but after that, eek. dark ages for L.A.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just thinking bout that title run in '04, and even the close one in '05 makes me tear up honestly. I've never been more happy as a sporting fan than those years.

In '05 I honestly cried myself to sleep when they lost the title.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, total dark ages for LA.. 7 year title drought, jesus christ.. how did you survive

Anyway Sheed is a real character, never really liked him but he's good for the game I guess lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dammit cheato

i dont remember anything about 2005 at all.
only when Caron came to L.A. for the first time, and I missed it because we had no cable. I was sooooooooooooo angry
Chucky Atkins was ass too

06 playoffs blew
07 was wack
08 was lame until Pau, then lame
and you know now

short dark ages, but when you're in the Finals half the time, you have higher expectations.

back to this, yeah, I love Rasheed

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Try a title drought for, forever, it's fun.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i got the Dodgers :D

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
rip, the pistons logo in your sig is one of the GOAT logos and meanings of a logo ever.

20hart

Reaction score
Amen to that. Dumars straight ###### that team up.
Could of been contenders for a few more seasons if he wouldn't of paid Ben the money he deserved. As well as letting Larry Brown walk. TBH, I think this very year could of been our last year of contention with that team if we would of kept it together.

Makes me dislike Dumars even more.
IDK about that man. We showed that we were stagnate and couldnt hang with BOS or CLE the last few years. Our age was getting to us. Yes we still could have been a solid team but probably not champions. Dumars took a shot in rebuilding on the fly instead of just flat out rebuilding...hasnt really worked thus far but who knows if that will change or not

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IDK about that man. We showed that we were stagnate and couldnt hang with BOS or CLE the last few years. Our age was getting to us. Yes we still could have been a solid team but probably not champions. Dumars took a shot in rebuilding on the fly instead of just flat out rebuilding...hasnt really worked thus far but who knows if that will change or not
I'd rather see us getting ###### in the ECFs then what we got going now.
Maybe not until NOW, but pretty close. You gotta remember we didn't have the DPOY for a few of our last years of contention.
I strongly believe with both Wallace and Larry Brown still Pistons we could of won at least another title.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yeah, Larry should have stayed for at least another year or two. We had a legit team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%