Rashard Lewis Fails Physical, Back to FA

dsmatheny88

Reaction score
We picked up Aminu on a two year deal to replace Lewis. Question nolafan, what's his strengths and weaknesses? I'm not too familiar with the guy other the the few times I signed him as a free agent in 2k lol

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His only real strength is his rebounding. He's a elite rebounder for a small forward. People think he's a good defender, and he's ok if he's on a island, but as soon as you force him to think he's done. He's benched by Monty atleast once a season because of his defense.

dsmatheny88

Reaction score
That don't sound very intriguing to me at all. Maybe he can just go along with Felton and be a trade piece for a solid sixth man, or a solid starting gp and see how well Harris plays the sixth man role

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I feel like he will be solid in a small ball role.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
mavs signed jameer too

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the Mavs finally realized they actually signed Rashard Lewis and tested cat urine to falsify the physical.

dsmatheny88

Reaction score
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/30/mavericks-may-consider-signing-rashard-lewis-after-his-knee-surgery/

Most likely going to do the same with him as they did with Harris last year. Or maybe they feel Aminu will fill whatever role they expected him to. Aminu won't hit those threes like Lewis will though. Hate to keep comparing every Mavericks team to the championship team, but Lewis would have filled that same role as Stevenson did that year, except hes bigger and can play the 2 3 or 4. Instead of just the 2 or 3 like Stevenson.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not sure why you would want to compare teams to that Mavericks championship team. That team played above their heads in the post-season. Not taking anything away from them, they won the championship, they achieved the ultimate goal, but it's not a team you want to try to replicate. I think most would agree the current version of the Mavs is better than that team, and the majority who agree would also say they probably aren't a realistic contender (I personally would not be surprised to see them in the WCF though)

On the subject of Rashard Lewis, he can't play the 2, and honestly he can't play the 3 or 4 either, effectively at least. Not a good player anymore. 

dsmatheny88

Reaction score
When I compare people to that team I compare them to the roles they played in the playoffs. I agree with you though, they did play above their heads in the playoffs in 2011. It was actually very amazing to watch from my stand point of being a mavs fan, I didn't see them beating getting past Portland honestly. But several players on that team did very important things to help us win games. An argument could be made that if you even took Brian Cardinal off that team then we don't win the championship. That's how important the roles were that some of those guys played in us accomplishing what we accomplished. I myself can't help but make that comparison. With Carlise's coaching and Dirk's leadership I believe all you really need is guys around to play those same roles or somewhat similar. Due to stars teaming up and competition being so tight in the west, they really have no choice but to improve the quality of the guys playing those roles. So I agree with you that we are better the we were that year quality wise. I see Rashard Lewis as an upgraded version of Stevenson. He might not be completely done depending on who he is being coached by and the players around him. Wouldn't be the first time we have seen a player play better under different coaching. With that being said, if he could get his shooting form back then you could play him at the 2 if you really needed to. I would put him there before I would put Aminu

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When you're not contributing on a team with 3 stars, as Lewis was not, I cant imagine he would be contributing on a team that had less. Shard has been done for 3 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%