Raptors Bring in Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rumors were flying around that this hire was going down, but now, as dallasnews.com is reporting, it’s official: Former Mavs assistant Dwane Casey will be the Toronto Raptors’ new head coach: “Just got a call from a Toronto source saying that Mavericks assistant Dwane Casey is expected to be announced as head coach of the Raptors. It could be announced this afternoon. Casey has interviewed twice with the Raptors and their decision has come down to Casey and Boston assistant Lawrence Frank.”
Via Slam

Sucks, I really wish the Hawks would have got him last year.. Good pickup for the Raptors tho

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think this is a solid pickup as well.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wanted the Pistons to get him, nice sign for the Raptors.

Mooche

Reaction score
I'm really happy about this. Hopefully he can bring a much needed defensive approach to the Raptors team. They've been needing a face lift to the organization like this for a while. Jay Triano just didn't cut it.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For sure, it'll be a completely different Raptors next year

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
Would've been perfect to replace Mike D'Antoni. He said "Defensively, I'm gonna be a hands on control freak and on offense, I'm gonna let the guys run freely." That's what the Knicks need. Someone to let them setup the offense and force them to play proper defense.

FLIP!

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It depends on Bryan Colangelo's offseason moves

We cannot emphasize defense with Bargnani at the 5 anymore. Casey is used to Chandler and Haywood. Is Jonas a good pick?

I hope he makes Derozan an even better player

Mooche

Reaction score
It depends on Bryan Colangelo's offseason moves

We cannot emphasize defense with Bargnani at the 5 anymore. Casey is used to Chandler and Haywood. Is Jonas a good pick?

I hope he makes Derozan an even better player
I can't wait to see Derozan's full ceiling. I really think he's going to be dynamite for the Raptors, especially in a few more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%