Rangers' Hamilton says he belongs on DL

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Josh Hamilton found enough power in his bat Thursday night to hit a sacrifice fly that tied the game in the ninth inning and injected new life into the Texas Rangers. He could use one of those injections, too.

Hamilton, the 2010 American League MVP and the author of 25 home runs during the regular season, has groin soreness that "is becoming more of a problem for him," according to the Dallas Morning News.

While fans shouldn't expect the four-time All-Star to miss any games during the World Series, the 30-year-old Hamilton did note that "if this were the regular season, I'd probably be on the DL."

The paper points out that the Rangers "have not done any testing or MRI exams on Hamilton's groin to determine if there is a broader problem."
Apparently, ignorance is bliss for the Rangers, unless you count the part about one of their star players being in constant pain.

Source: Dallas Morning News

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I read somewhere he said he is playing at only like 50%.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yeah i've been hearing that he's in bad shape right now. It's a tough situation for the Rangers. Clearly they don't think him playing will cause any long-term effects, and honestly a %50 Hamilton is probably better than anyone else they stick in the lineup.

It's a Kirk Gibson kinda thing. Ya just gotta play through the pain for a few games, kid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%