Randall Cobb Re-Signs with Packers

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/574410704884641793

zombiecarcus

Reaction score
Good, but expected, news for the Pack. Would have been interesting to see on the free agent market, though. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I wanted him to go to Oakland, badly. Oakland's my second favorite team now, because I love Derek Carr. Hopefully they can get someone else, in addition to whomever they take at #4

zombiecarcus

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
I wanted him to go to Oakland, badly. Oakland's my second favorite team now, because I love Derek Carr. Hopefully they can get someone else, in addition to whomever they take at #4

Are you high on Carr's ability? I don't think he's shown much to make me think he can be an above the Andy Dalton line type player. Oakland would have been a good destination for him, they definitely would have shelled out for him too, but why leave a SB caliber team with a QB who is going to go down as the greatest to ever play. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
zombiecarcus said:

Are you high on Carr's ability? I don't think he's shown much to make me think he can be an above the Andy Dalton line type player. Oakland would have been a good destination for him, they definitely would have shelled out for him too, but why leave a SB caliber team with a QB who is going to go down as the greatest to ever play. 
Cobb absolutely made the right move by staying; I just wanted him to go to Oakland lol

I'm really high on Carr. His IQ of the game is unreal, and he is a great communicator with his teammates and coaches. He has ideal NFL size, and is fairly mobile, the same way Rodgers is. He has a strong arm too, and can have a fairly good deep ball. His main problem was footwork issue, and he's fixed that somewhat already.

Its really hard to do well when you have the worst rushing offense in the league, and had on average the 2nd worst field position in the league. His top two targets were James Jones (who would have been GB's #4 WR) and Andre Holmes (who wasn't even good enough to make the Patriots roster). He's had almost nothing to work with, and he still showed signs of being great. Give him some talent on offense, and the kid's gonna show up.

I rated Derek Carr as the second best QB prospect since 2012, behind Luck, and ahead of Bridgewater, Bortles, and RG3, among others

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%