Raiders to cut Rolando McClain

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

After being absent from practice today for what Dennis Allen was calling "Team related issues". Now Rolando McClain is saying that he has been released. and quite a bit more.

McClain posted on his facebook page ""Officially no longer an Oakland Raider!!" then moments later, he said ""Well technically I am. But I'm mentally done. Just waiting on my papers"

He took a parting shot at the team, saying "I'd like to be anywhere besides here... I'm gonna weigh my options. Looking forward to playing for an actual 'team'." which fits right into the kind of attitude he has displayed since the Raider made him their top pick in the 2010 draft.

This comes as somewhat of a shock for this to come so soon. Many (myself included) had projected he would not be back next season. However, the thinking he would either be cut in the offseason or traded. He didn't last that long.

The Raiders have yet to confirm it and Rolando McClain was not listed on the waiver list which would explain McClain saying it wasn't technically official yet but is just a matter of paperwork.

McClain will now be placed on waivers and if a team claim him, they will also take on his bloated salary. This would be great news for the Raiders and after the market Jason Babin had since being released by the Eagles, they saw the possibility of saving some money by releasing McClain now.

The odds that a team might be interested in McClain went up when the assault and weapons charges he was facing in Alabama were dropped and therefore a suspension was no longer looming. Any team that signs him will have his full services. He does still have value for a 3-4 team in need of an inside linebacker.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
haha oh man, GTFO then.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Piece of shit.

Horrible attitude, below average on-field performance, off-field troubles, and a large contract. if this guy doesn't clear waivers, I'd be surprised.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Piece of shit.

Horrible attitude, below average on-field performance, off-field troubles, and a large contract. if this guy doesn't clear waivers, I'd be surprised.
Texans/Ravens would probably claim due to injuries

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
typical raider player. hes gonna bust where ever he goes

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't really get the bust talk, his head isn't screwed on straight but he isn't a bust. He'll continue to be a good player wherever he goes until he screws up again.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yea but his head is a pretty big issue.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Huh I don't get this hate for McClain, I think he has great potential if he ends up in the right place. Oakland is just a black hole, and the fans fucking celebrate the fact. They are incredibly proud of being the most thug team in professional sports.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RAIDER NATION!

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sounds like he's destined to be a Lion :p

But no, really, I'd take a flyer on him.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'd take him. Tommy C would smack this dickhead straight.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
suspended for 2 games, idk about being cut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%