Prospect to watch for your team this season?

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
Which prospect on your team do you think has the best chance to breakout this season?

nostradumba55

Reaction score
A lot of people know about AJ Reed of the stros, but Tyler White is going to be a monster this year.

semperty

Reaction score
nostradumba55 said:
A lot of people know about AJ Reed of the stros, but Tyler White is going to be a monster this year.
Daz Cameron should be on that list.

Big Papi

Say hello to me please
Reaction score
Henry Owens for sure, he should make some noise at some point again.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Mobruler

Wolves
Reaction score
James McCann. Should be a top shelf MLB hitter throughout his career. Should make a big leap in his 2nd season here.

Hopesfail

Reaction score
Obviously Corey Seager, but if the rotation ends up short, look out for Julio Urias or Jose De Leon. Either could see call ups at some point this season especially if they are dealing at AAA.

anfield

Reaction score
I've got a real sleeper in the Mets' Dominic Smith. Maybe it's because I hate Duda, but Smith was the top pick in 2013 at 18 years old, and has progressed every year since. He slugged Hi-A ball last year, and got some good at bats in at Spring Training. He's still only 21 years old, and I'd keep an eye on him.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Anfield said:
I've got a real sleeper in the Mets' Dominic Smith. Maybe it's because I hate Duda, but Smith was the top pick in 2013 at 18 years old, and has progressed every year since. He slugged Hi-A ball last year, and got some good at bats in at Spring Training. He's still only 21 years old, and I'd keep an eye on him.
I'm actually going to keep a closer eye on Nimmo. He's closer to MLB ready, and if he's healthy and Granderson either gets injured or struggles I could see them skipping over Lagares and calling up Nimmo. Especially if he's performing well at the plate in Las Vegas. Call him up, you put him in CF and can move Cespedes back to the corner temporarily. You get a decent defenive player in CF who has a better bat than Lagares. Or you platoon the two of them.

Either way I think he's more likely to get called up. Of course, if Duda gets hurt we could also see Smith, but I doubt that. They could call up any infielder and then have Flores play 1B every day until Duda is off the DL.

Plus Smith has yet to show that power a lot of scouts predict is coming soon.

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
I look for Lindor (if you can still call him a prospect) to break out. He was amazing last year after being called up for the latter half of the season. Naquin should get some playing time with Almonte being suspended.

catman

Reaction score
The Twins have several very good prospects that could play a role this season. Byron Buxton, of course, is looked at as the CF of the future for the team. Jose Berrios is a starter with top of the rotation stuff that should make his debut this season. Max Kepler could be the most important of the 3, however. He is still learning the game and is a tremendous athlete.

Stray32

Reaction score
Mobruler said:
James McCann. Should be a top shelf MLB hitter throughout his career. Should make a big leap in his 2nd season here.
yeah if you can call him a prospect then I love McCann, I think he's on the Yadi development path as a catcher, already has an elite defensive skillset just needs to be a more consistent hitter

If we're not calling McCann a prospect since he's been hyped for two years and started last year, then next-best Tigers prospect to watch is Matt Boyd imo. If there are any injuries in the rotation then I think he's the one who gets the call and was on and off in spring training but definitely has been working on his pitch arsenal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%