Pro Bowl Snubs

Who deserved to go to the Pro Bowl most?

• Matt Cassel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chad Pennington

• Philip Rivers

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Phillip Rivers.
Guy has been amazing this year.
If you take wins into consideration though, Pennington and Cassell could be too.

CurseReversed04

Reaction score
All are very good options I think. I say Cassel. Not just because I'm a Pats fan.
Cassel stepped up. He had a great year and without him we would have been lucky to be a .500 team.
He looks like Brady did in his first year.
He makes amazing passes that looks like Brady sometimes. If he has a 2 ft x 2 ft window to get the ball in he does (like to Moss vs. the Jets to send the game to OT.)

I think he should be in it. But even if it is one of the others between Rivers and Pennington, Favre should not be in it.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
ya but look at his Pro Bowl line and who he's throwing to. Then look at Chad's line and who HE"s throwing to. Nuff said..

Lake Louise

Reaction score
It could go any way.

Rivers-has been putting up insane numbers this year, but if you go by wins factor, he isn`t apart of the discussion. Stats wise though, he without a dobut should be in there. He has been crazy this year, and has spread the ball around to big receivers this year like Vincent Jackson, Antonio Gates, etc.

Pennington-He was the starter for the Jets and was booted from New York, when Brett came along to lead the team this year. Pennington had a bit of a downfall in the couple years leading to his departer from New York, but that didn`t stop Pacells Dolphins to go for him, and he has successfully lead a team who went 1-15 last year to a possible playoff spot.

Cassel-Although, I despise the Pats, Cassel deserves to be in the pro bowl. When Brady went down, noone thought they would get more than 4 or 5 wins. But, weeks have gone by, and here they are, the Cassel lead Pats are in a 3-way tie for first in the AFC East with the renewed Pennington lead Dolphins, and The New York Bretts.

It`s between Cassel & Pennington though because both are underappriciated, but I will probably have to go with Cassell since noone even knew who he was before he took over for Brady. Pennington was/is known and was on the down word spiral of his career, or so it seemed.

So, my votes for Pennington for the fact that Giants stated, Cassel has endless receivers that everyone knows the names of to throw to, Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Watson, etc.

Pennington doesn`t have guys like that.

.loggie

Reaction score
i wish there was an other option. i really would have liked to see Calvin Johnson make the pro bowl. i know it he might be having a great season because he's their only target, blah blah blah but he's been a really exciting receiver and is top 5 in quite a few WR categories.

in terms of QBs, i think Pennington has been great. he came back after playing bad for the Jets last season and doesn't have any big name receivers (Ted Ginn being the only real threat) and he's still performed great.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
hold on to that thought, lol.
-- "Others" Option added

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Well I obviously picked others for Calvin Johnson, but Phillip Rivers should have made it also IMO.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
I hate the Patriots but i gotta admit Cassel is having a great year and after being over shadowed by Tom Bradey he's making a name for his self

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%