Prather commits to UF

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
By Kevin Brockway
Staff writer

Florida added a second athletic element to its 2010 men's basketball class, landing a verbal commitment from 6-foot-6 swing-man Casey Prather on Wednesday.
Prather, a Jackson, Tenn., native, brings to mind another former Gator with Tennessee roots. Corey Brewer came out of Portland, Tenn., in UF's 2004 class as an exceptional defender with a developing offensive game.
The scouting report is similar on Prather, who is an inch shorter than the 6-foot-7 Brewer.
Prather did not return cell phone calls Wednesday, but Scout.com national recruiting analyst Dave Telep said the Gators have landed a player whose stock has risen in recent months. Prather chose Florida over Michigan after visiting the UF campus the weekend of the Tennessee football game.
"Casey is one of those players who is an exceptional athlete who is continuing to round out his game," Telep said. "He needs to cultivate his jump shot, but he's a slasher who can score getting to the basket.
"You're talking about an SEC caliber athlete. He's also a high character kid with a high intellect."
Brewer was a McDonald's All American coming out of Portland (Tenn.) High School. Prather recently cracked the ESPNU's Super Prep top 25 as No. 25.
"I think on the defensive end is where it will show first," Telep said of the comparisons with Brewer. "He is an athletic defender who can guard multiple positions."
Prather joins 6-foot-9, 220-pound power forward Patric Young as the second member of UF's 2010 class. Young, who had a strong summer of travel league play, is No. 22 in ESPNU's Super Prep top 25 for 2010.
Both players can sign binding letters of intent next month during November's Division I basketball winter signing period.
"I felt like I was at home in that environment, and I loved the campus," Prather told ESPNU, when asked about his decision. "Coach (Billy) Donovan is a premier coach, and I felt like I fit in with their players after I hung out with them."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%