Power Balance gets Kings naming rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The Sacramento Kings will have a new name for their arena.

The team announced a deal Tuesday to form a multiyear marketing partnership with Power Balance and rename Arco Arena the Power Balance Pavilion. The name change will be official March 1.

Power Balance is most famous for its popular wristbands and pendants worn by athletes such as Shaquille O'Neal and David Beckham. The company recently admitted there is no credible scientific evidence behind claims that its products improve balance, strength and flexibility.

The company began selling bracelets in 2007 embedded with holograms that were purportedly designed to interact with the body's natural energy flow. The company sold $8,000 of merchandise in its first year and projected more than $35 million in sales in 2010.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
Not only do we have the worst team, we have the worst sponsor and the worst arena name in the league. Power Balance Pavilion? The Maloofs are so desperate to get a new arena they'll sell out to a sham. The team isn't going to do any better even if they wear power balance suits.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Power Balance Pavilion.
Kind of SMH status lol.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So a week ago this company basically admitted to an Australian judge that they have ZERO scientific proof that these dumb-ass bracelets do anything to improve performance. Despite the major fraud that the product is....the company manages to pull down the naming rights to Sacramento's arena!?!

lol...only in America.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
haha only the maloofs.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This feels like the Jazz all over agian. From the Delta Center to The Energy Solutions Arena.

Power Balance Pavilion meh.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm glad I live in Chicago, where the jerseys and stadium names don't change every year. This stuff just gets annoying.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm glad I live in Chicago, where the jerseys and stadium names don't change every year. This stuff just gets annoying.
Yup...New York, LA, Chicago, and Boston...a lot of things never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%