Pistons trade for Tobias Harris

Stray32

Reaction score
Pistons trade Brandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova for Tobias Harris. Jennings is expiring and Ersan has a team option for next season, so I think the Magic did this just to get rid of him and clear cap space, but for the Pistons this changes their plan significantly.

And as a big Pistons fan, I really really don't like this move. Not only because they could have had $20 million in cap space this summer, but also just because of fit. Jennings was valuable leading the 2nd unit for the Pistons, and Ersan was a good if not great fit offensively because of his 3-point shooting. When the Pistons were rumored to be trying to get Tobias Harris in free agency, one skeptical beat writer wrote that he reminded him way too much of Josh Smith, and I absolutely see it - for starters the 3 attempts a game from deep despite shooting only 30% from there.

I understand why SVG did this because the trade value favors the Pistons, but I think he out-thought himself and this will hurt the Pistons in both basketball fit and ability to have a big offseason.

Stray32

Reaction score
Me7o said:
Pistons won the trade
in trade value sure but I'm not sure the Pistons actually got better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%