Phins release Beck

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins release quarterback John Beck
Jeff Darlington, Miami Herald

Thrown into one of the most difficult situations an NFL rookie quarterback has had to endure, John Beck never complained once.

So it should be no surprise how he handled the Dolphins' decision to cut him Monday. Beck, who was touted as the team's quarterback of the future in 2007, made several calls to team employees to thank them for his opportunity.

''I've never had a player do that before,'' one employee said.

Despite the class with which he handled himself in Miami, Beck's tenure with the Dolphins is more likely to be remembered for a season many would rather forget.

Former coach Cam Cameron decided to start Beck -- after giving him less than two weeks of repetitions with the first-team offense -- in the 11th week of a winless season, only to see his rookie fall in four consecutive games behind a depleted offense.

He finished his time in Miami having completed 60 of 107 passes with three interceptions and one touchdown.

Then again, it wasn't necessarily those misfortunes in 2007 that ultimately ended his tenure in Miami, but rather the progress made last year by Chad Henne as well as the addition of quarterback Pat White during this past weekend's NFL Draft.

Beck's outright release, which is really no surprise, serves as an indication that Miami's attempts to trade him were unsuccessful.

''We want to thank John for his work ethic and his professionalism,'' general manager Jeff Ireland said. ``We wish him well in the future.''
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football...ry/1020831.html

This is a terrible situation for such a good guy. Gotten a raw deal since he was drafted but Beck is a prime example in exactly how bad of a head coach Cam Cameron was. I didn't think Beck was good enough to be an NFL qb then & I dont think Beck is good enough now. A BYU grad & a smart guy, Beck shouldn't have a problem finding success outside of the game.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wasn't a Parcells guy -- I really thought this would've been done last year

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
^Yea, I hope he succeeds somewhere else tho.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Team like Minnesota should take him in and have him compete for the QB job with TJ and that other guy. Unless someone wearing #4 receives a call.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I really hope Henne becomes the starter. He can/and will do damage, just you wait and see.

Mavfatha

Green and Yellow Forever
Reaction score
Team like Minnesota should take him in and have him compete for the QB job with TJ and that other guy. Unless someone wearing #4 receives a call.
Yea Beck could probably start for the Vikes easy. If Brett comes back again, especially to the Vikings, I'll lose all respect for him, and I have a lot for him still as a Packers fan even though he went to the Jets last year.

Mavfatha

Green and Yellow Forever
Reaction score
I really hope Henne becomes the starter. He can/and will do damage, just you wait and see.
Henne is pretty darn good, he deserves a shot for now at least, with Pat White as Wildcat QB and all around do-whatever fast guy.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Henne is pretty darn good, he deserves a shot for now at least, with Pat White as Wildcat QB and all around do-whatever fast guy.
Yeah, that seems to be just the right fit for Pat White. Since they are a big fan of the Wildcat formation, and White has a lot of speed. That could work out well for them though, since Henne isn`t necessarily fast, although, he likes to think he is sometimes.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think you guys are forgetting someone...garsh, what's his name again...oh yeah, Chad Pennington?

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah Chad Pennington had one hell of a year last year, why is he just getting thrown out. He is much better then Chad Henne.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I am a huge Packs fan but I love Brett.
He is the man. IDT he's done but it's like betraya.
Though what the Packs did to him wasn't right so I support him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope for the Dolphins sake they never have to see Chad Henne throw a pass.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Quick question, how many times did Chad Henne beat the Buckeyes as a starter.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What does the success of the Buckeyes against the Wolverines have to do with the NFL?

If that was the case, Smith should of been drafted higher...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Never saw anything good out of Henne in college, so I don't know how it will translate into the NFL. And Troy Smith wasn't taken higher because of one bowl game and his size.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
neither is gonna do much in the NFL so let's just drop it here...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well of course you didn't see anything good out of Henne because you seen what 3 or 4 games of him playing and you hate Michigan? lol

I could say the same for Smith. But I won't because he was good in college.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I wasn`t forgetting about Chad Pennington. I was happy that he had the year he had last season, it was like a "take that" to the Jets for letting him go when he still has some stuff left in him. I was jsut trying to be hopefully of having Henne getting more playing time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%