Peterson likely to play Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson will most likely be back in action this Sunday as the 5-6 Vikings host the 6-5 Lions at the HHH Dome. Stepping back onto the practice field today, Peterson was listed as 'probable' on the team's injury report. According to Coach Brad Childress, Peterson has looked fantastic in practices all week, and it doesn't even seem like anything was wrong with the running back to begin with. It was reported by Childress last week that Peterson felt that he was ready and willing to play against the Giants, however the team decided to give him another week's rest and be sure that the healing process would be complete.

We are most likely looking at Chester Taylor starting this game and Peterson coming on little by little early on. The Vikings are game planning about 40 carries a game, the split being somewhere about 25-15 in favor of Taylor...but make no mistake, if Peterson has the hot hand, expect Childress to let the 'electric' rookie to run wild.

This is a "must win" for the Vikings who will definitely be further into the Playoff hunt with a win over Detroit at home. -AE

bulls12

Reaction score
well this is nice to hopefully see Peterson back in action, but a few people around here probably won't want to see him do anything against Detroit.

i say he gets 70 yards on about 13 carries but no TDs. totally unnecessary prediction though.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he'll be hungry and come back with a huge game. I think Detroit is on the downfall of their season and they are going to be vulnerable. I dont know what I'm talking about do I? Trust me, he'll have a good game.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't see him playing too well either, I think he is still recovering, well i'm more hoping, cause I'm not starting him this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%