Panthers & Patriots whispering about a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSUViking

Reaction score
Pat Kirwin (NFL.com) and John Czarnecki (FOX) are both reporting that the Panthers and Patriots are talking about a Matt Cassel for Julius Peppers trade. Peppers listed the Pats as one of his "four teams."

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
<Censored> that. This better not happen, I don't want Cassel on my team, he's overrated.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cassell isn't overrated are you serious??
He is very underrated and proved that this season.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The probability of the Panthers trading Julius Peppers to New England for Matt Cassell is about a zillion to 1. There's way too many variables involving Peppers' demands for a new deal, a new deal that would have to be in place prior to the trade, and then considering what New England can even afford.

A dirty rumor, doesn't happen.

FSUViking

Reaction score
The probability of the Panthers trading Julius Peppers to New England for Matt Cassell is about a zillion to 1. There's way too many variables involving Peppers' demands for a new deal, a new deal that would have to be in place prior to the trade, and then considering what New England can even afford.

A dirty rumor, doesn't happen.
You may want to lower those odds, seeing how they just shipped their pass rushing OLB, Mike Vrabel, to the Chefs.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You may want to lower those odds, seeing how they just shipped their pass rushing OLB, Mike Vrabel, to the Chefs.
Doesn't matter if they trade Vrabel or not, Peppers for Cassell won't happen b/c they aren't of equivalent value. Carolina is pretty much placing the same value on Julius Peppers that Kansas City placed on Jared Allen last season, a 1st round pick & two 3rd round picks.

If Cassell and Peppers were traded straight up, that implies Cassell and Peppers are of equal value. Now how many teams out there do you know that would give up a first round pick and two third round picks for Cassell?

Gtown81

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if they trade Vrabel or not, Peppers for Cassell won't happen b/c they aren't of equivalent value. Carolina is pretty much placing the same value on Julius Peppers that Kansas City placed on Jared Allen last season, a 1st round pick & two 3rd round picks.

If Cassell and Peppers were traded straight up, that implies Cassell and Peppers are of equal value. Now how many teams out there do you know that would give up a first round pick and two third round picks for Cassell?
not exactly, maybe in the situation they're in now, but if that just happened to be the best offer and it was coming down to the trade deadline of next season, it doesn't technically mean that

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
not exactly, maybe in the situation they're in now, but if that just happened to be the best offer and it was coming down to the trade deadline of next season, it doesn't technically mean that
It doesn't matter what the situation is Gtown...these 2 are not of the same value. Cassell's 1 season as a starter is nowhere near equal value of Julius Peppers, especially to Carolina who already has Delhomme in place.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Don't know how Pats could afford to give Peppers a new contract. But I'd like Peppers for Cassel, seeing that it is very unlikely Cassel comes back since Brady is ready.

Gtown81

Reaction score
The only team I want him to go to is the Vikings. Can you imagine, Allen, Williams, Williams, Peppers.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
That's cruelty... throw Al(bert) Haynes(worth) in the mix and that's illegal

Gtown81

Reaction score
haha, I've always been a vikes fan so they'd be the only team i'd like to see him go to

FSUViking

Reaction score
Rumors persist out of Carolina that New England is still a very likely destination for Peppers, especially now that Vrabel is gone.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Rumors persist out of Carolina that New England is still a very likely destination for Peppers, especially now that Vrabel is gone.
Thank god, get him out of the NFC south.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
4 picks in the top 50 and a vacancy in a 3-4 defense at OLB? Sounds about right to me.
I'm not to sure if your talking about New England or Carolina.

I know we (Tampa) lost our second round, so that can't be us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%