Os calling up Machado

Dig

Reaction score
Much earlier than I expected but excited to see him play.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't understand this move at all. He hasn't even faced AAA pitchers which I think is alright since most of them are washed up players -- but he hasn't even blown away AA pitchers this year. Really not understanding this call up.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He was starting to get pretty hot down in AA. We needed an IF with Flaherty going on the DL and buck felt it was time. If nothing else hes a good defender which you can't say about Wilson Betemit. I can't wait to watch him play tonight

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Had him on my bench in my keeper league. Great news.

Machado is dope

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A lot of AAA pitching is just filled with fringe starters who get called up for spot starts and MLB wash outs anyway. A lot of screwy AAA parks as well.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
He was starting to get pretty hot down in AA. We needed an IF with Flaherty going on the DL and buck felt it was time. If nothing else hes a good defender which you can't say about Wilson Betemit. I can't wait to watch him play tonight
hot and cold streaks are common.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw9qqvm-LT8

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw9qqvm-LT8
I don't think you realize what I've had to deal with w/ Betemit/Andino/Reynolds/Flaherty/Tolleson at 3B all year. Machado was brought up to help us make the playoffs. Whether he does that or not, I think he's a better option at 3B than any of these other guys I named.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's going to be a very good player but we'll see how he does once pitchers adjust to him. Idk he could have a Lawrie type rookie year though.

GoneYard

Reaction score
Manny has straight up beasted. 3 games, he's smacked 2 homers, driven in 5. The kid can definitely handle big league pitching but in all fairness, the Royals starting pitching is a joke. I cannot wait to watch him through the next couple of weeks where we have some big time opponents and will need him to produce as we chase the postseason.

Hearing a lot of people compare him to Alex Rodriguez; great but scary at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%