Opioids Played Part in Tyler Skaggs' Death

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The autopsy of Tyler Skaggs has uncovered that the former Los Angeles Angels pitcher had the opioids fentanyl and oxycodone in his system when he was found dead in his Texas hotel room on July 1, according to a toxicology report released by the Tarrant County medical examiner and obtained by Maria Torres and Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times.

The Skaggs family issued a statement on Friday, which suggested the death may involve another Angels employee.

We are heartbroken to learn that the passing of our beloved Tyler was the result of a combination of dangerous drugs and alcohol. That is completely out of character for someone who worked so hard to become a Major League baseball player and had a very promising future in the game he loved so much.
We are grateful for the work of the detectives in the Southlake Police Department and their ongoing investigation into the circumstances surrounding Tyler’s death. We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels. We will not rest until we learn the truth about how Tyler came into possession of these narcotics, including who supplied them. To that end, we have hired attorney Rusty Hardin to assist us.
Major League Baseball's investigative unit will look into the employee.

"We were unaware of this allegation and will investigate," MLB spokesman Pat Courtney said, according to Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times.

The Southlake Police Department in Texas is investigating the death.

According to the blood tests, Skaggs had 3.8 nanograms per milliliter of fentanyl in his system as well as a blood-alcohol level of 0.122%. "The level of fentanyl is a significant amount that could produce death," Cyril Wecht, a Pittsburgh forensic pathologist told Torres and DiGiovanna. "In this case, oxycodone and alcohol were also present and would have contributed to the death because they are also central nervous system depressants."

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Figured this was likely when the autopsy results were taking so long to come out.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Opioids take another life. Not surprised at this point that this was the cause.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Opioids take another life. Not surprised at this point that this was the cause.
So sad. Been out of high school not even 10 years and there’s been a bunch of kids I knew who have od’d since

catman

Reaction score
This is really sad. As a nurse, I have seen a lot of opioids used, but was hoping that they weren't the case here. I had a chance to talk to him a few times when he played in Cedar Rapids and he was a really good kid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%